cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to convert recording

Debbiepotts
Listener

I am unable to "double click" to convert recordings as I have done in the past when not done automatically.  Any tricks to get the file to convert to MP4 from Zoom recording?

9 REPLIES 9

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Debbiepotts, for versions 4.6.10 or higher, you can't convert local recording files by double-clicking the Zoom files. You must follow the steps below to manually convert the files:

1. Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
  2. Click the Meetings tab.
  3. Click the Recorded tab.
  4. Select the meeting topic with the local recording.
  5. Click Convert.

Hope this helps! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

What you have provided does not work.  Is there a new solution or steps? 

Ken_Tryon_URMC
Listener

There are a couple of solutions we have in our Zoom wiki:

To manually convert a .zoom file,  right-click the file, open with "C:\Program Files (x86)\Zoom\bin​\zTscoder.exe"​

If the above steps do not work, try these;

1. ​Sign into the Zoom desktop client. (This can be done on ANYONE'S Zoom client​.)
  2. Start new meeting, and record locally. End recording and the meeting as well.
  3. Remove all the contents of the newly created recording folder (leave it empty).
  4. Copy just the "double click to convert" files of your failed conversion to newly created recording folder.
  5. Open Desktop Client -> Meetings -> Recorded.
  6. Click Convert.

I'm trying these with a user after not having done it in a while--I'll report back if I have to make changes to the procedure.

This worked like a charm. Thanks for the tip. It does seem weird that there isn't a way in zoom to do this directly (older meetings don't show up in the meetings button).

helenerickson36
Listener

This is a terrible solution. While it may work, the possibility of losing everything, etc, is very high. ZOOM needs to remedy the problem...just make it go back to what it was before. No problem converting then! 

pandita200
Listener

Tengo el mismo problema

willjoe2442
Participant

Convert using the Zoom desktop client
Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
Click the Meetings tab.
Click the Recorded tab.
Select the meeting topic with the local recording.
Click Convert.

Regards,

Diana

Riets123
Listener

If I click on teh recordinga s sugegsted-the convert option is not given

See my note above--sometimes you have to trick the Zoom app into seeing the meeting files. It's also possible to right click the files and tell Windows to open them with the conversion utility, but I've forgotten the program name.