cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a co-host

NK5
Listener

Hi,

I tried to add  a co-host to a meeting but even with his e-mail that is associeted with his zoom account .

It seems that Zoom couldn't found him.

Hi has a free basic accoumpt and I have a upgrated one.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best,

10 REPLIES 10

ChrisO
Note Taker

Zoom should be able to add anyone as a co-host regardless of having an account or not as long as you enter a valid email address. You may need to enable the co-host feature on your account https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206330935-Enabling-and-adding-a-co-host.

ChrisO_0-1637067119758.png

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

JackieChannVN
Listener

Tôi có thể thêm bao nhiêu thành viên sau khi nâng cấp lên gói Pro $ 14,99 / tháng

JackieChannVN_0-1637070197232.png

While I am not positive, I believe 9. Keep in mind just because they are a user, it does not mean they are licensed and get to enjoy the features of a licensed user. That is why it says "Basic" under the type which is essentially the same as a free account.

I mean I will upgrade to Pro plan, but how many members can I add after I upgrade

According to Zoom's pricing, Pro plans are limited to a maximum of 9 licenses. I would think this would also be the limit for users, but I can not guarantee that.

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

You can add essentially unlimited free users, but only 9 of those users can be licensed at a time (assuming you have that many licenses). 

Bort

Are you trying to assign them as an Alternative Host? That could explain why you are not able to do so. Alternative hosts must be a licensed user on the same account as you. 

Good thing is that you can always assign them to be co-host during the live meeting. 

smsummers
Listener

Hi, I just tried to pass on host to another at the start of the meeting.  When I hover over participants name and click on MORE it only gives me the option of PIN and CHAT.  The Co-Host tab is switched on in settings and had no problems in a previous meeting. What am I missing ?

You have to do it through the participant's panel not by clicking on an attendee.

I tried it both ways and was only showing PIN and CHAT