cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How exactly does the host role get distributed when the host leaves?

Maksiks
Listener

I live in a pretty troublesome country and often have power outages which kick the hosts out of meetings and in most cases I get the host role.

I am wondering, how does this whole system work? How is the most relevant user picked? While Zoom's support website says it's completely random, it is just not. And it is not consistent either.

1 REPLY 1

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

When the host of the meeting leaves the meeting, the host will be prompted to appoint another meeting participant to take host controls.

In the event that the Host of the meeting gets disconnected from the network, another participant may resume the Host role in the meeting on the following conditions ...

1. If there are Co-hosts in the meeting, one of the Co-host will become the Host of the meeting.
  2. If there is no Co-host but there is another authenticated participant from the same organisation as the actual Host of the meeting, the authenticated participant from the Host organisation will resume the Host role in the meeting.
  3. If there is no Co-host and the remaining participants are guests and not part of the Host organisation, there will be no Host role in the meeting.
  4. When the actual Host returns to the meeting, the actual Host will resume the Host role in the meeting.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!