cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove an old microphone from the dropdown list of microphones in Zoom?

foodshooter
Listener

Hi,

I am trying to get rid of some old mics I am not using anymore and all the names are still appearing in the Microphone drop down list. It's getting confusing. 

Does anyone know how to edit that list of microphones in the Microphone section in the preferences? I accidentally created two virtual mics with almost the same name.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Removing an input device such as a virtual microphone would need to be accomplished at the operating system level. In Windows you might confirm that the application that initially created the virtual microphone can provide you a way to remove it, or if that application has since been uninstalled, then go to the device manager, find the device, and uninstall it.

On a Mac these devices are commonly located in...

/Library/Audio
~/Library/Audio

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

foodshooter
Listener

Hi @ZoomTestKitchen  - thanks for the reply. I've looked in those areas and no microphones are listed in the Audio folders. In fact all folders in there are empty.  Zoom finally responded and told me to look in the PreferencePanes folder and of course that's empty too. 

CPREASY
Listener

I am having the same issue I have 4 mics always showing up.