cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I extend a recurring meeting?

JL12
Listener

I host a recurring meeting and need to keep the same ID and link. It shows my meeting is ending in December, 2022 but when I edit the meeting, it lets me supposedly extend the end date to December of 2024. The date seems like it will extend it, but the meetings listed only show thru December 2022.

Will the meeting just stop as of December 2022? How can I set up a recurring meeting with the same link, ID, etc.? 

And is there a phone number for zoom support where I can talk to a human and have them help? 

Thanks.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Okutomo
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

On the web portal, you can select the recurring meeting. You can edit the time span for the recurring meeting.

Web portal > Meetings > select the recurring meeting > Edit > Edit All Occurrences

View solution in original post

Jameswalter
Participant

Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
In the navigation menu, click Meetings.
Hover over the name of the recurring meeting you want to edit, then click Edit.
When asked if you want to edit all recurring meetings, click Edit All Occurrences.
Edit the recurrence as needed.
Click Save.

Hope this helps you out,
James

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Okutomo

On the web portal, you can select the recurring meeting. You can edit the time span for the recurring meeting.

Web portal > Meetings > select the recurring meeting > Edit > Edit All Occurrences

I am experiencing the same thing as StJohnELCA below. I am not certain if my meeting will continue after the last date of an individual meeting, even though I have it set to recurring and it shows the date far beyond the last date of the individual meeting. Which is correct? Do I have to add every meeting individually? It isn't adding meetings beyond the Jan 2023 date even though the recurring says it goes until Dec 2024. Please advise. Thanks.

This works, but it resets to the current date and also wipes out the previous meetings that were scheduled in the past.  So there is no record of previous meeting dates.  You have the recordings as a record, if you don't forget to record the meeting. 🙁

Jameswalter
Participant

Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
In the navigation menu, click Meetings.
Hover over the name of the recurring meeting you want to edit, then click Edit.
When asked if you want to edit all recurring meetings, click Edit All Occurrences.
Edit the recurrence as needed.
Click Save.

Hope this helps you out,
James

This does not work.  My recurring meeting shows just two more occurrences, I do this edit of 'all occurences', set it to May 2024, save it, yet Zoom still says two more occurrences ending this month.

StJohnELCA
Listener

I have been doing exactly what is instructed in earlier replies. When I "Edit All Occurrences" the end date shows as 12/31/2023, but the last Occurrence is 03/26/23, and it shows this week's meeting as 34 of 50. Do I have to wait till the week of the last one? I did see a way to add occurrences one at a time, but yikes, that's cumbersome.

HallieMM
Listener

I have been doing the same using the above steps to edit all occurences but it is doing the same, saying it will still end within the next few meetings.  Will it automatically be extended even though its showing 41 of 50 occurences left? 

afourre
Listener

Somewhat related - my recurring meeting expired at the end of 2022.  "Previous" doesn't show as an option under Meetings (just Upcoming and Recorded) so I can't access it to edit and extend into 2023.   Is there any way to continue with the same meeting ID?  Or to access the old series?

JL12
Listener

Just so everyone on this chain knows, my meeting disappeared after the 84th occurrence, even though a setting on the screen said that it would continue until Dec 2024. So, I have to set up a different meeting with a different link/code - which is a problem. Plus, it is now only letting me set up the recurring meeting for 50 occurrences (less than a year). So unless the software changes, I have to set up a different meeting once a year - which, as I have already stated, is a problem for the purposes I need it. If anyone else has discovered a way to do it differently, please advise. Thanks.

xophere
Listener

This really needs to be fixed.  This is the primary use case a meeting that happens over and over again forever.  Zoom please fix this?

jazz60
Listener

this is still a problem as we go into 2024.  and I cannot schedule a reoccuring meeting with the same login information.  

YashComm
Listener

Hi everyone, I was able to extend my ongoing series for another 20 sessions. Click to 'Edit' the series you want to extend. Untick the box that says 'Recurring meeting'. Click 'Save'. It now shows up as a single session meeting date.

Again click to 'Edit' and this time tick the box for 'Recurring meeting'. I gave it 20 sessions, the maximum on the drop down menu. Again click 'Save' and you should now see a new set of 20 meetings with the same information. 
There should be an option of 'Extend' the series easily, but Zoom doesn't seem to be doing it! I hope this workaround helps someone. I don't know how this affects any records you have of previous sessions but that was not important to me because I had other records of the meetings we had already had. 

Good luck!

Hah! That was the answer! Thank you so much for sharing!

skillmasters
Listener

I have figured out the solution for me is to not schedule dates, but have an open recurring date that I can use any time.  I just notify my attendees what date and time we will meet.  I record each session so a have a meeting date record!