cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change default name upon entering a call

j34oi2h3502349y
Listener

Whenever I join a call, it shows my full name. I do not want it to display my surname. I have already edited my profile and there is nothing in the surname field. Regardless, it shows my full name whenever I enter a new call. I really want to change this for privacy reasons, but there does not seem to be a clear way to do this as whenever I look for a way it suggests doing something I have already done. Is anybody able to help me out please? It does not seem possible to contact anyone at Zoom.

3 REPLIES 3

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

j34oi2h3502349y
Listener

Hello, Thanks for your response. I have followed these steps, but unfortunately it still puts me as my full name when I enter the call. When I accept the invite it does ask for my first name and surname and there is no option to not complete these, so I wonder whether that is related. Is there a way around this? Maybe that is not the issue, but in any case unfortunately your suggestion does not seem to resolve this issue.

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @j34oi2h3502349y.

So if you're having to supply your first and last names, then apparently you are registering for a meeting or  webinar.  With registration, the name provided with the registration becomes the display name in the session.

Your default display name is used if you are provided a Join link to the meeting that does not require re registration.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !