cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I Use Zoom?

Albert777
Listener

Hello,

I have  a meeting on Zoom in a few days, and need some help. I could not reach a live person through the Zoom phone number. When I requested a demo and tried to send my message by hitting "Submit", it didn't go anywhere. The message didn't go, and no reason was given, and no solution to the problem was offered. I downloaded Zoom onto my laptop. When I open the program, I see the option to give my Meeting ID.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

colegs
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@Albert777 , it is that easy!  And if you reach out to sales, they might be able to set you up with a demo.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Albert777
Listener

I see there is no edit option here. So I see the option to give my Meeting ID when I open the program. Do I just submit this info on the day of the meeting and the room will open? Is that it? Can someone direct me to the simplest explanation on how to use Zoom in a video? Thanks.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Albert777 thanks for reaching out! Here is our documentation on getting started with Zoom. https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/categories/200101697 feel free to review this information and let us know if you have any other questions!

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Thanks, but this is too vague and generalized. I don't have the time to read endless articles. Can you just answer my initial question or direct me to a video?

Albert777
Listener

Does Zoom have a phone number where I can speak to a live agent? When I called and gave my key host number, the automated system said it didn't recognize it. I have all the credentials, so it should have recognized it. I need a live person to talk to, because I don't have time for endless technical glitches.

colegs

@Albert777 if you are a licensed user, you can get technical support from one of the numbers here.

Thanks, but what do you mean by licensed? You mean with a payed account? I just have a free account and profile. I am assuming that the Zoom icon on my desktop is all I need. It opens, and asks me for the relevant credentials (ID number and password). I am assuming (and hoping) that when the meeting occurs in a few days, these credentials will be all I need, and that the room will open there, and I will be on camera. I hope it's this easy. I still need help with a demo. I tried to submit my request, but the message wouldn't send. No reason for this was given.

colegs

@Albert777 , it is that easy!  And if you reach out to sales, they might be able to set you up with a demo.

I reached out to sales, but haven't heard back. By the way, are demo's free?

Stewardhamatowe
Listener

How can I benefit this program?

Hi @Stewardhamatowe can you please clarify as to the program you're referring to? 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Albert777
Listener

This was resolved a long time ago. I attended a court hearing through Zoom and was completely successful in my endeavor.