cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with virtual background and admin role

QueenVictoria
Listener

Please can someone help me? I am trying to add virtual backgrounds to zoom yet it is saying that the admin has not allowed this... I am the admin and the owner of my zoom account. I need to be able to use specific backgrounds for my call tomorrow but I cannot add any new ones.  I can't find an email for Zoom or someone to talk to to help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ChrisO
Note Taker

If you are the admin then you need to look under Account Settings>>In Meeting (Advanced)>>Virtual Background and make sure the "Allow users to upload custom backgrounds" is checked.

ChrisO_0-1635258478565.png

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

ChrisO
Note Taker

If you are the admin then you need to look under Account Settings>>In Meeting (Advanced)>>Virtual Background and make sure the "Allow users to upload custom backgrounds" is checked.

ChrisO_0-1635258478565.png

the box is ticked but i can't seem to get it on my background...so frustrating. Any ideas?

Hello i have the same issue, and the option of allowing users to upload virtual backgrounds no longer exists.
I get that message, whereas i am the owner (Pro account)
Everything is up to date. Nothing changes when i log out and back in again.
The "Drag and Drop file here" is not responsive. The "Choose fIles" is greyed out.
I don't want to reset because I have photos previously uploaded for my virtual bakckgrounds and i don't want to loose them, and be unable to upload anything. Everything was working fine until recently.
Can you help?

Thank you!

QueenVictoria
Listener

Thank you so much, I did this yesterday and it didn't work but now it seems like it has, thank you for your help. 🙂 

If you make a change on the admin side, you normally have to log out of the App and back in before you will see the change take effect.

ThivishanR
Listener

try updating ur zoom

Thivishan

ThivishanR
Listener

log out from the zoom app and again login

Thivishan

Tigermidge
Listener

I did all of this --nothing worked!

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

Read this Zoom support article;

How to enable Virtual Background

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/210707503#h_2ef28080-fce9-4ac2-b567-dc958afab1b7 

You have to enable it as admin at the account level and then enable it  in your own account as a user.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!