cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Blur virtual background has gone missing after update

micmans
Listener

Hi there,

Looking for some help in adding the "blur virtual background" effect, it worked previously but now has disappeared. I have updated my zoom (5.7.6 1320) and my computer software on macOS (10.13.6) and restarted my computer several times!

Thank you in advance! 

8 REPLIES 8

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi there! Sorry to see that you didn't get a response to your inquiry @micmans. Are you still having this issue? If so, I want to help you figure out what's going on 🙂

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

No I haven’t been able to fix the problem. Can you please help rectify this?

Hi Bri, I'm having the same problem and have tried every solution posted in Zoom help. Any additional suggestions? 

Same problem here, please help

rach
Listener

Same here! I used to see it. Now it's gone. My Zoom version is 5.8.1 and my Mac is running on 10.13.6 which should be way above the minimum system requirements of Zoom and hardware specs. Restarted my computer, logged off and on zoom several times. Unless there's something else missing, I'm stumped.

Hey rach! Gosh it’s so annoying, I have kids in the background and lots of commotion happening and without the blur effect, it’s really made zoom meetings difficult. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this soon. I updated the new version this week - still no blur effect ! 

Helena_53
Listener

Keeping myself in the loop. Same issue of the missing "blur" option in virtual background on my MacOS Big Sur version 11.6 with Zoom version: 5.8.1 (1983). How do I get this option back?

juliescelfo
Listener

Anyone get any help on this?