cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group admins vs. Account admins

kchenb
Listener

Can a group admin have access to recording management for their group without being an admin on the entire account?

I have created groups in our account for each of our company's departments. I am making the department heads admins of their department's Zoom group. The department heads do not need to be admins for our entire Zoom account.

A department head tried to access recordings for her staff and got a message that "access to the recording page" is "disabled".

How do I give her access? Is it because she's not an admin on our entire account, and only an admin for the group?

6 REPLIES 6

tobyfromrea
Community Champion | Customer

I believe these instructions should help: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115001078646#h_bbc87f8b-3ec1-417b-933f-612b63cbfc47 (see How to change permissions for a role).

kchenb
Listener

Thank you for your help. When I go to role management, the only role I can edit is admin. (Screenshot attached)

Group Admins are telling me they do not have permission to see group members' recordings, and individual people are telling me that they do not have permission to see their own recordings.

Do I have to create new roles just for people to be able to see their own recordings and for group admins to see recordings for the groups they admin? Or is this an existing setting I haven't found yet?

tobyfromrea

It is worth checking that this setting is switched off 'Prevent hosts from accessing their cloud recordings'.

kchenb
Listener

That was it! Thank you!

BooRadley
Listener

Were you able to figure this out? I'm trying to do the same thing and give Group Admins access to their group's members' cloud recordings. I have confirmed that this "Prevent hosts from accessing their cloud recordings" is off. But the Group Admins are still not seeing a recordings section for their group.

Any ideas?

Channing
Listener

Encountering the same issue.  Glad to hear any other advice.