cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a "Waiting for host" message , when I am the host.

DavidPetroski
Listener

I have two licenses. Each license is under a different email. I schedule a meeting using license 1, and later a second meeting using license 2. When its time, I click on the link for the license 1 meeting, and it gives me the "Waiting for host" dialog box. I then have to go open Zoom, log on with the appropriate license email, then start the meeting from within my zoom dashboard. 

This is a major pain in the butt. Is there a workaround? 

2 REPLIES 2

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @DavidPetroski, are you using the same email address that you use to log in to Zoom? It's possible that you're not the 'host' because you're signed into a different account. I'd just make sure that the account you're using to join or start the meeting (https://zoom.us/meeting#/upcoming) is also signed into the Zoom client.

Also, keep in mind that you can be signed in to Zoom on one computer, one tablet, and one phone at a time. If you sign into an additional device while logged into another device of the same type, you will be logged out automatically on the first device. 

Sounds like you have one owner (one email address) on your Zoom account and have added another user (second email address), both of whom are licensed but managed under one account?

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Alison3
Listener

I have the same problem, i have registered with 2 different email addresses, one for home and one for work.  Now i find i can't start a meeting i have organised as it tells me to wait for the host.  Have you sorted your account out now? interested to know how you did it please.

Alison