cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exiting Zoom doesn't work as expected

BadUI
Listener

On top-right I have a minus, a square, and a cross. The expected behavior is minimize, maximize, close window, respectively.

Yet on Zoom, when I click cross it doesn't close the window, instead it minimizes the window.

I found on the Minimizing/Exiting Zoom KB entry that it was made like this on purpose.

"To minimize the Zoom desktop client window so that it continues to run in the background, click on the green circle with the x inside located at the top-right corner of the Zoom window."

Whomever thought it was a good idea to play around with decades of ingrained behavior of using a computer should be sent back to usability school. Unless someone can come up with a better explanation, the only reason I can think of why this is being done is trying to keep Zoom running at all costs to collect data on end users.

1 REPLY 1

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

You may not be aware that Zoom offers more services than just meetings and Webinars. Zoom all acts an an IP Telephone service, and an Instant Messaging service and a host of other services.

I imagine they designed it this way so that users who need these other features are online to accept calls and instant messages.

Regards,

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!