cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling Audio Transcripts

CDICjn
Listener

Hello, 

The directions in the Zoom Help article to enable audio transcripts do not match the available selection boxes on my screen. 

I attached a screenshot of the directions from https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4409311220621.  Specifically Step 4 " Audio transcript check box to enable it".   As you can see in the other attached screenshot, there is no " Audio transcript check box" under "Advanced cloud recording settings".  

Thanks in advance for whomever can tell me how to find the Audio Transcript check box. Or how to enable audio transcription at the account level.  I tried calling Zoom but the recording told me I'm not allowed to talk to anyone and this question is too complicated for automated bot replies. 

12 REPLIES 12

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

As stated in the Prerequisites for that feature, your account must be a Business account or higher. If your account is not at that level, that would explain why you are not seeing that option. 

Thank you, my account IS a business account, that's one of the reasons I'm asking for help. 

Bort

Hi @CDICjn 

I'll reach out to you to get more information about your account. 

Thank you. Maybe you'll find out I'm wrong about the business status but I know my employer has a paid account so that sounds like a business account to me. 

Hi, I'm in need of urgent help to get an audio transcription for my upcoming meeting. I have an education account but am encountering the same problem of not seeing the option to tick audio transcription. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

KKECGC
Listener

I am also having that problem.  Mine is also a paid business account.  Did you find an answer to this?

Bort

Hi @KKECGC 

Can you go to the Account Profile page (direct link here: zoom.us/account) and tell me what is listed in the Account type section? 

Pro (Named Host)

Bort

As noted in the support article for recording transcripts, the Prerequisites require your account to be a Business, Education, or Enterprise account. Unfortunately, a Pro account is just below those prerequisites, which explains why you don't have access to this feature. 

I did not realize that.  Can you explain to me -- is this an actual Transcript (that could be used as a record of the meeting)?  It sounded like it might just be just captions.  I am looking for a substitute for writing minutes.  

Bort

The recording transcripts are a full transcript of the English speech in the recording. You can also use live transcription during the live meeting and save a copy of the full transcript before the meeting ends. Oddly enough, live transcript during a meeting is available for all accounts, as long as its enabled by the meeting host. Learn more here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/207279736-Managing-closed-captioning-and-live-transcriptio...

Navvy
Listener

I have a Pro account, and I've just received this reply to my support ticket.  It seems to solve the problem.

Thank you for contacting Zoom Support, my name is Rodel. 

I understand that you want to know how to enable audio transcription on your Zoom account. I'll be glad to assist you with this.

Kindly be advised that you can just follow these steps below:

1. Login your account through Web Portal https://us02web.zoom.us
2. Navigate menu, Settings
3. Go to Recording tab then search Advanced cloud recording settings
4.  Tick this option "Create audio transcript"

You can refer on this article for more information: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115004794983-Audio-transcription-for-cloud-recordings

(Note that there is a vital link in this article that currently doesn't work.)