cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing the Audio Transcript

prplmtns
Listener

I'm trying to edit an live transcript on a cloud recording. The Zoom help page says that the transcript should appear in a right panel after clicking play. What I get in a right panel is the chat from the meeting.I can turn CC on or off., but I can't find a way to view and edit the transcript. 

I've seen this described elsewhere but haven't seen any solutions to it. 

Any help out there? Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

Ohkawa
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @prplmtns 

To create a Transcript file, Transcript creation must be enabled in the recording settings.

Is Create audio transcrit turned on in the recording settings?

Ohkawa_0-1665288846730.png

Ohkawa_2-1665288990970.png

To edit a Transcript file, play the recording and hover the mouse pointer over the text to be edited and click the pencil mark that appears.
The edit window will then appear.

Editing can only be performed by the host.

Ohkawa_4-1665289668870.png

Does the edited transcript automatically save once I have completed the edits so that I can download a revised transcript? 

I have this same question about edited transcripts. Did you ever receive a response? 

I did not receive. a response but your message reminded me to come back to it. From what I can see, you can download the transcript and edit directly onto it instead of editing the transcript next to the visual recording.  The transcript does not look as appealing/ easy to read as it would from a site like HappyScribe, but it's still good to have. 

Can I only get transcripts if it is in a cloud recording? I recorded onto my desktop computer and I can't find a transcript link anywhere. My boss wants a transcript of the meeting and I don't know what to do. 

Ohkawa

@CSaar195 

You can save the transcript as a text file.

Ohkawa_0-1708825943390.png

EleanorHolmes
Listener

You need to be on zoom.us rather than events.zoom.us

Go to "Recordings" on the left hand side

Click on the name of the webinar you want to amend the captions on

On the left is the image of the cover of your webinar. THIS is what you click. The instruction to click the "play" button in the official Zoom 'how-to' is a red herring.

Now you should see the pencil when you hover over the script on the right of the video.