cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Echoing on different devices

HelpMe
Listener

Hello, I am in need of some help. 

My company uses Zoom to host meetings for a group of people we support.  There are different computers logged in to host and we have been having a big issue of echoing. From the host and participants. 

This issue is not someone logging in twice, or external speakers causing the sound to echo. 

It doesn't happen on every computer and goes in and out in the hour meeting. 

I have looked into the settings, scoured zooms website and attempted to contact them for support but our plan does not include that. 

Any other suggestions? 

1 REPLY 1

Arps
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello!  

Often times when there is echo on a call, the noise reduction/echo cancellation may be disabled for one user.  So when your voice plays on their speakers, it is heard by their microphone and played back to you.

An easy way to help narrow this down is when you hear the echo, look at the participants list to see who's mic is animated as sending audio, but they're not speaking.  You can then test by muting them to see if it goes away.  

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/202050538-Managing-audio-echo-in-a-meeting

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thanks! Rick