cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Echo in sessions as a client

philipg
Listener

I'm not sure this is the correct forum to ask this question, so please advise if there is a more appropriate forum in which to address this issue.  I am taking singing lessons via zoom, so the account is my teacher's, not mine.  There is an echo on my portion of the audio, both live and on the recording.  I hear no echo from my teacher.  I have checked all of my settings and they are as recommended, including echo cancellation, which is turned on.  Any suggestions regarding where to go from here?  Also, is it possible that it could be originating on my teacher's side?  Both my teacher and I have no idea where to go from here.  Thank you for any guidance you can provide!

1 REPLY 1

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @philipg welcome to the community! First, suggest Updating Zoom to the latest version. Secondly, in your Zoom client settings > Audio, what are the options you have as to your speaker and microphone? 

In this example, I've observed that the output speaker is positioned too close to the microphone. To rectify this, you should consider readjusting your input/output levels. This will allow you to set your output volume to your desired level without it interfering with the input level. As you can see, my input level is set too high, causing it to pick up the sound from my MacBook's speakers.

Additionally, if you're experiencing similar issues, it's possible that your teacher may be facing the same problem. This could be because their output volume is too high, causing it to interfere with the input and vice versa.

Suggest setting up a test meeting with the following settings above and see if you're able to replicate! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!