cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Zoom allow one click meeting join from Outlook without opening browser

mburnett
Listener

We use Teams and Zoom for meetings at my company. I prefer Teams because the meeting invites integrated to Outlook allow a one click join. What I mean is that when the meeting reminder pops up, there's a button to join the meeting and it opens the meeting directly.

In order to join a Zoom meeting, I have to...

1. Open the meeting invite (either from the reminder or from the Outlook calendar)
  2. Click the Join Zoom Meeting link
  3. Then a browser tab opens
  4. Then finally I'm in the meeting

I don't know if this is a setting that's limited by Zoom itself or something my company has put in place. I feel that as popular as Zoom is across the world, that a one click join should be an option. Also, if I open the Zoom desktop app, none of the meetings show up unless I created them. Is it possible to configure it to show all of my Zoom meetings, regardless of who created them?

3 REPLIES 3

willjoe2442
Participant

Locate the meeting invite link from your email or calendar invitation. Click the join link to join the meeting. On your web browser, a pop-up window will prompt you to open or download the application

Regards,

Diana

This is what I'm trying to avoid. Teams allows a one click via the Outlook meeting invite and it directly opens the meeting in Teams. Does Zoom offer something like this?

Steve14
Listener

I would also like to know the answer