cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable two factor authentication

Carrie-Anne
Listener

I would like to disable two factor authentication. I have followed the Advanced, Security, click the toggle, and have received an email today the TFA has been disabled.  Yet, when I next went to log-in to Zoom I was asked to enter the TFA code.

How do I actually disable TFA please?

35 REPLIES 35

alex390-orlando
Listener

Use another account or after turning it off, restart your device.

nicholas3
Listener

I have the same question.  No working solution has yet been provided in this thread.

JeffH1
Listener

Yes, I also need an answer to this.

JoanJ
Listener

I have the same problem -- this is quite annoying.  How do we stop this

CRBA
Listener

Agree!!  About a month or so ago, TFA arbitrarily kicked in.  VERY problematic for us!!!!  Please advise how to disable TFA ASAP! 

DerekS
Listener

I also found 2FA suddenly active and need to disable it ASAP!

chris88
Listener

@Anonymoushow do we turn off 2 factor authentication for the app and leave it on for the website? 

averyunhappyuse
Listener

I use multiple computers and have to log in several times a week. 2FA makes ZOOM undesirable.. I hate to dump it but after 3 years but I can't see putting up with this much longer. 

dpugliese13
Listener

Is there a fix yet for disabling the 2 factor authentication?  our organization has over 30 accounts and it is very time consuming to constantly have to get a code for each account. 

DerekS
Listener

We have 10 accounts across N CA and it's a major pain for us too. We are an all volunteer non-profit so the problems are magnified for us!

we are a non profit as well, and it is causing us problems as well.

JonathonDoran
Listener

This is a huge annoyance.  I am trying to get work done, and need to wait around for email.  We should be able to opt-in to 2FA, but not have it required.

juniorleaguechi
Listener

I am also experiencing this issue. Very frustrating for a nonprofit on a budget, trying to share an account with volunteers trying to run virtual trainings. It seems to be happening with increasing frequency, but with no regular pattern. Zoom please help!!

alliance4comm
Listener

We have the same problem for BOTH of our licenses.  2-factor is set to OFF.  But zoom still insists on an access code, after we enter password. 

We've restarted, logged out and back in and a gzillion other obvious things. 

gpearson
Listener

Agree!!  About a month or so ago, TFA arbitrarily kicked in.  VERY problematic for us!!!!  Please advise how to disable TFA ASAP!  I'm the owner but disable toggle says it can only be disabled by admin.  If I am the owner, why am I not the admin.  I'm the only user listed.  Why did you force this feature on us.

SFCZoom
Listener

It's November and there is still no reply from Zoom Support on this. I'm pretty sure they are silently doing this to try to curb the sharing of licensed accounts. This is shady business practice 101. Absolutely frustrating for a company that would happily take your money, but not give support when needed.

queenzip
Listener

I was hoping to find a fix to turn off the 2FA, it's very annoying when the codes come to me and I have to provide it all our leaders and volunteers.  Especially now that it is back to asking the people how have went through the verification and yet using their same device to login. @Anonymous Please help!!!

enicolazzi
Listener

Seriously? 6 monts and not even an answer on this? This makes no sense at all. 

ACSC
Listener

Having the exact same issue. What is the deal with this? So frustrating Zoom. Get on it. 

queenzip
Listener

I received these instructions from my support ticket and it is working for me an my group...

If you want to bypass the verification code, you can simply enable the 2FA without configuring the SMS and the Authentication App. This way, whenever you try to sign in to your account from any devices, you will be routed to the page below(click on the link to view the image) and can click on the SKIP button so you will be routed to your account page. This works when signing in via the Zoom app/client or via Zoom web portal.

https://files.support.zoom.us/receive/?thread=EADC-9TGE&packageCode=aHRt9YQpyJYlBidmeFZy7LxSVP1D0xkF...

Try to sign in again, enter your Zoom email and password and click sign in. You will see the page below, and click on SKIP.

https://files.support.zoom.us/receive/?thread=EADC-9TGE&packageCode=aHRt9YQpyJYlBidmeFZy7LxSVP1D0xkF...

rcafridaynight
Listener

Well I appreciate the suggestion from queenzip but now Zoom won't allow us to turn off both sms and the authentication app.  Clearly this is not the product if you want to allow others to access the account without 2FA,  Guess I will look into Google MEET

If you do try Google MEET, please let me know how it works out.

PSDoT
Listener

I am having the same problem.  2FA is disabled for the entire account and on individual accounts.  We are trying to set up shared accounts for our teachers to use.  Even with all 2FA options disabled, the teachers are still prompted for an authentication code.

PSDoT
Listener

I contacted Zoom support, and they will remove the OTP from your account.  They send you an email to which you must reply with the reason you want the security measure removed from your account, and you have to paste in a statement from their email which states that you understand the risk.

Except its not a OTP- its the 2-Factor.

You are incorrect.  We had 2FA disabled from the admin account.  I contacted Zoom, and they told me it was a OTP enforced by Zoom.  I had to submit an email acknowledging that I understood the risk of having the OTP disabled by Zoom.  After having my request bumped up a couple of levels in the support chain, Zoom disabled their OTP requirement, and our shared accounts now work without being prompted for a code.

StNicholasAdmin
Listener

Good morning

So I have a big concern that many other non-profits have.  I understand that Zoom is trying to curb the use of Shared Zoom accounts; however, for non-profits, especially churches, this is commonplace.  Here is the scenario.  Our primary account is owned and managed by our Office Administrator.  Ministries within our parish will desire to conduct a zoom call on a frequent basis, but do not need their own account because it is financially infeasible.  Thus, we setup one account to be used by multiple ministries.  With the addition of the TFA for Admins to authenticate their devices, the email goes to the Office Administrator.  This person is unavailable after 3pm so the authentication code email goes unread, thereby preventing a ministry from using this valuable feature.

Without this requirement our ministries are able to conduct their programs, gain traction within our parish and continue to feed our parishioners with valuable content.  With this requirement, the whole concept of feeding the parish is lost.

I URGE Zoom Executive Management to review this ridiculous requirement and remove it.

St. Nichols we are a church as well and experience the same problem. I was getting calls all time of the day asking for the code to start their meeting. These steps work for us...

If you want to bypass the verification code, you can simply enable the 2FA without configuring the SMS and the Authentication App. This way, whenever you try to sign in to your account from any device, you will be routed to the page below(click on the link to view the image) and can click on the SKIP button so you will be routed to your account page. This works when signing in via the Zoom app/client or Zoom web portal.

Try to sign in again, enter your Zoom email and password and click sign in. You will see the page below, and click on SKIP.

wq
Listener

Was it so difficult for developers to imagine there might be users who need to device hop a lot or that they have faith in their devices password or that their Zoom is not super confidential?

c68
Listener

In addition to 2FA you need to also turn off One-Time Passcode Authentication or at least that's what I had to do. Both are found in the Security section, and now I can log-on again without needing another device or email code to log-in.

I have done this, and it still doesn't work.

I have done this as well to no avail.  Users still getting asked for TFA and they are in another country.

Will47
Listener

I finally figured out a work-around. Log in using two-factor authentication. Under advanced settings, turn "Sign in with Two-Factor Authentication" ON. Then, click on the "Reset two-factor authentication for select users in your account." Enter the email and password you used to log in to Zoom and click on "Reset for 1 User(s)".  Follow the instructions. Then turn off two-factor authentication. After that, When you log in, you'll be asked to set up two factor authentication, but given the option to skip it. If you do that, you'll be able to log in. No guarantee, but it worked for me!

Joshsellsny
Listener

Contacted support on this today and they responded fairly quickly. Turns out that the off button for 2FA is not under security but in personal settings. I found it, turned it off, and it seems to have worked.