cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed Email Notifications

noah-hammond
Listener

Hi, 

I work for an IT company and one of our clients reported an issue about a "delayed notification".

She received an email saying that her iPhone had joined the meeting. The issue being that the meeting was more than a week ago.
I'm not entirely sure if she did join the meeting, she says she might've joined on her phone then switched to her laptop. So it's possible it's just notifying her that she joined. Although I don't understand why it would be delayed?

The email didn't look like a spam email that slipped through the antispam system. But I just wanted to check on here if anyone else has had this issue.

I personally just believe it's a bug, but I want to be sure.

Thanks 

Noah

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

J-Zoom-ATL
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@noah-hammond Hey Noah, the issue here is most likely that someone did in fact try to join the meeting link provided initially shortly before the end user received the email.

It's commonplace that we see this reported when in fact that user did try to join the meeting again. If this is a personal meeting room, it would be best to have this end user change the password again.

It's always recommended to try and reserve your PMI for colleagues and close contacts and to generate a unique meeting ID for external participants. Following this best practice will help reduce the amount of random meeting joins. 

Uniquely generated meeting IDs are live until they expire or until they are deleted. This allows the end user scheduling meetings greater control over knowing who has those links and the ability to quickly delete them before expiration if there are issues. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

J-Zoom-ATL

@noah-hammond Hey Noah, the issue here is most likely that someone did in fact try to join the meeting link provided initially shortly before the end user received the email.

It's commonplace that we see this reported when in fact that user did try to join the meeting again. If this is a personal meeting room, it would be best to have this end user change the password again.

It's always recommended to try and reserve your PMI for colleagues and close contacts and to generate a unique meeting ID for external participants. Following this best practice will help reduce the amount of random meeting joins. 

Uniquely generated meeting IDs are live until they expire or until they are deleted. This allows the end user scheduling meetings greater control over knowing who has those links and the ability to quickly delete them before expiration if there are issues. 

Could've even be that they reopened Zoom on their phone and hadn't closed it since the last time they were in the meeting and it sent them a notif then. I'm not too sure.

I've already told her to change her password for good measure but I doubt it's unauthorized access.

Anyway, thank you for your help!