cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant Zoom Updates

lbellino
Listener

Hello.

I shut down my computer every night after work and each day when I open up Zoom, I always get the update pop up below every time. Is Zoom making updates every day to the program that this is normal? This gets annoying when I'm trying to attend or set up a meeting and it takes up to 5 minutes before this update is completed. If this is not normal, how can I fix this? Thanks in advance.

lbellino_0-1671640742254.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

IanDiMalta
Listener

you might want to uninstall fully with cleanzoom.exe reboot and install the latest version , might be old reg files left behind?   

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

Zoom does not update that often. Zoom is currently on version 5.13.0 so you are very behind.

my guess is that you are not updating,  or if you are updating,  you are not updating successfully.

Try updating to a current version and you should only need to update a few times a month.

Here are the instruction on how to update:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362233-Upgrading-Zoom-to-the-latest-version 

Regards,

Frank

lbellino
Listener

Frank,

Thanks for the reply. I went to the link and followed the instructions and it says I am up to date per the image below. So why am I getting the other pop up that I sent earlier?

lbellino_0-1671643263745.png

IanDiMalta
Listener

you might want to uninstall fully with cleanzoom.exe reboot and install the latest version , might be old reg files left behind?   

Sorry for the late reply, but I did your suggestion today and seems to be working...for now. Thanks.

welsewool
Listener

Constant updates on Mac it's just unacceptable!
Everytime participants are late for few minutes!

welsewool_1-1673430642761.png

All the instructions say about Update frequency in the Settings, but it's not there!!!

welsewool_0-1673430626993.png
That's rediculous and should be changed.

All the team already switched to Teams because of that.