cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Default Language of Audio Transcript

argillham
Newcomer
Newcomer

The audio transcripts for my cloud recordings are automatically being generated in Persian lately for some reason, even though I didn't change any relevant setting. I've been having to change the language back to English one by one for each recording and wait on the transcription. Is there some way to make the default language English again, so that the audio transcript generated is automatically in English?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

djmcdonald123
Newcomer
Newcomer

We are having the same issue in our environment. Is this a universal Zoom issue? 

Matt_Heaps
Newcomer
Newcomer

We had the same issue on an audio transcript from last night.

Matt_Heaps
Newcomer
Newcomer

We made test recordings today and the audio transcripts were in English.  I used this link to change yesterday's transcripts from Persian back to English. 

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0064927

Ashes
Newcomer
Newcomer

Same here. How do I report the problem?

SohPS
Newcomer
Newcomer

We are also having same issues. Happened to us since yesterday. Had to manually change the language back to English for every affected recording .

MGSR
Community Moderator | Employee
Community Moderator | Employee

Hello there. 

We're sorry for the inconvenience. 

To change the default language of your recordings back to English, please follow these steps:

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  2. In the navigation menu, click Recordings.
  3. Click the name of the recorded meeting.
    You will see a list of recording files.
  4. Hover your cursor over the Audio transcript file and click Change Language
  5. Click the dropdown menu and select from the available languages. 
  6. Click Save to begin generating the audio transcript with that as the speaking language within that recording. 
    Zoom will re-analyze the recorded audio with the newly chosen speaking language to provide a better quality transcription. 

You can check out this article for more information.

Mark
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?