cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Join Before Host to use Host Key

Alicia68
Listener

I have a paid basic Zoom account and set up a Recurring meeting with No Waiting Room and Join before Host enabled so assigned Meeting Leader can use the Host Key to start the meeting and manage the meeting when I am not present. My Leaders do not have a paid Zoom account. When they sign in using ID and Passcode, a Message is displayed that the meeting is waiting for the Host to sign in. 

I have double and triple checked my User and Admin settings to insure that I have the Waiting Room disabled and Join before Host (anytime) enabled.  My Leaders are NOT able to Join before Host and use the Host Key. I have to sign in every time and Start the Meeting and make the Meeting Leader "Host" and then I leave the meeting.

Why does this not work? I have the 5.13 version

4 REPLIES 4

kalispell
Listener

I'm having the same issue. I see the "Waiting for Host to Start Meeting" screen and I don't see any option to input a host key to start the meeting. Very frustrating.

John_in_VA
Listener

I'm having same issue except not sure I have set up with "join before host".

tavavilla
Listener

I am having the same issue but I cannot find any solutions on the community. Where can I find a solution. 

I have checked all my settings at the account level and the meeting level. How do I get support for this!!!!

LK_EXN
Attendee | Zoom Partner
Attendee | Zoom Partner

Have you tried following this guide on how to use host key??

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/205172555-Using-your-host-key