cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera flashing and static-like band

cbotsch2023
Listener

Since recent Zoom updates I have a problem with the web cam. When I am video sharing, a static-like band, green distorted image appears.  At first I thought it was my computer or the attached web cam (NEXIGO with Dell Laptop Latitude-Windows 10). However other users have this issue as well. Is Zoom aware of this and will it be resolved anytime soon?  Of note is that this does not occur when I access Zoom from my android phone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cbotsch2023
Listener

Updating my  comment:

Zoom support advised a couple of options. I updated Zoom client to the latest version which includes a fix for this issue. It worked like a charm. Problem resolved. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

LWS04
Listener

I am having the same problem on both my PC and Desk top. 

When you use your phone do you dial into the meeting with a phone number or do you use WiFi/cellular to avoid the flashing video?

VanjaT
Listener

The same thing started happening to me and two of my colleagues.  

EasternAHEC
Listener

Having exact same camera issues with built in Dell Latitude 7320 cameras on multiple systems. Running installed Zoom app, latest update. Saw another message in the community and Zoom recommended rolling back the update and installing previous version. Had link to a file to download: For Intel Processors
PKG: https://zoom.us/client/5.12.9.13190/Zoom.pkg BUT our IT folks could not install. .pkg files apparently not supported by Microsoft. Our current work around is to use a USB webcam. Have not tried running the browser version of Zoom. 

cbotsch2023
Listener

Thanks for your response. I use a Web Cam since my ancient Dell Latitude E6500 does not have a built-in camera. The problem still occurs. I tried the link but since I have Windows 10, and the pkg extractor could not open the fix from Zoom, I would like to roll back to a previous version.  

cbotsch2023
Listener

Updating my  comment:

Zoom support advised a couple of options. I updated Zoom client to the latest version which includes a fix for this issue. It worked like a charm. Problem resolved. 

it worked thank you