cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera does not work via Microsoft Remote Desktop on Mac

sailingby
Listener

I am using Microsoft Remote Desktop on Mac (both with most up to date software) to access an Azure Virtual Desktop  for Windows 10, and when using Zoom the camera does not work (same result for Facetime camera or my external Logitech Brio) when running the Zoom App.  It does work if I use the web app.  How can I get the camera to work within the Zoom app and not via web browser?

Thank you,

3 REPLIES 3

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @sailingby it's been some time since you've posted this discussion! First, I would suggest looking into our KB on Supported VDI software requirements, if everything tends to meet Zoom's VDI software requirements and you're still having issues, you can contact our Zoom technical support and they can further look into your issue. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Jameswalter
Participant

The first thing to check is to verify that the Remote Desktop Connection Manager is correctly configured. If it isn’t, you won’t be able to get the webcam to work on remote desktop sessions.

Select Remote Desktop Connection.
Expand “Show Options”.
Navigate to the “Local Resources” tab and then click the “More…” button.
Expand the Video capture devices by selecting the + to the left and select the webcam that you want to use. Finally, click OK.

Also,  After you setup  Virtual Desktop Online check camera setting:
Search for and open “Camera privacy settings”.
Allow access to the camera on your device and flip the "Allow apps to access your camera” switch.
Also, make sure that the "Allow desktop apps to access your camera" switch is enabled.

Regards,
James

SeahawksBMX
Listener

Hi. I found this old post recently when I was having the same issue. None of the suggestions listed here worked for me,  but through much trial & error, I found something that did. Posting in case this will work for any others in the future. It requires a specific order of operations and I have to do this every day for my external webcam to work on Zoom AND Teams, but it has worked without fail for the past 2 weeks or so:

1. Unplug external webcam USB
2. Connect via your secure access client (e.g., Ivanti)
3. Connect via Remote Desktop
4. Plug in external webcam USB
5. Restart remote computer

If successful, you should be able to sign into Zoom, go to Settings, click on video, and then you'll see yourself - unless your webcam privacy cover is on. Good luck!