cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Not Working

TechChallenged
Listener

Hi all, sorry if this isn't he correct board....

I have a Lenovo laptop where my camera used to work on Zoom meetings and now it does not. The light shows up, telling me that the camera is on, but only a black screen. I have done trouble shooting on the laptop, updated drivers, disabled and enabled and still black screen. The camera is the integrated camera that came with the laptop.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

MicahHoffman
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello! 

The best way to isolate this issue is to try to get the camera to work in a different camera-enabled application. 

If the camera doesn't work in any apps (and you have done your due diligence in making sure the camera and drivers are installed), this could be a hardware issue, and the camera may be damaged or have failed.

Physically inspect the camera (sometimes it may be as obvious as physical damage or a privacy screen left closed). 

If it does work in other applications, check to see if Zoom has permissions to access the camera:

Check that Zoom has permissions for the camera.
  1. Open the device Settings.
  2. Tap Applications or Apps.
  3. Tap Zoom.
  4. Tap Permissions.
  5. If it does not list access to take pictures and videos or Camera, tap the option and change the permission from Deny to Allow.

Let us know if this helped by marking this as a solution!

Thanks,

Micah

reinstalled zoom (twice) facetime camera works with skype photobooth etc etc permission to use camera all good still doesn't work

TechChallenged
Listener

Thank you, I will see what happens!

blashwood
Listener

Same: updated all drivers, check and rechecked all permissions everywhere, Lenovo ThinkPad (zoom works on all other devices). Had tech friends check all hardware and software. Tried Windows and Edge and desktop client. Zoom 5.14.8 (haven't tried downgrading it yet). Still nothing. I use Zoom daily and this is messing with my rhythm!