cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera No Longer Shows Image on MacBook

ChrisClear
Listener

I've never had this problem until the most recent update on my MacBook.  Now, whenever I try to use Zoom, the sound, and mic work as they should, but the screen is blank. I can see the person I'm meeting with, but they can't see me.  

The video is turned on, but no picture goes through. 

How do I fix this?  

4 REPLIES 4

Ian
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi ChrisClear,

What camera are you using? And what camera is selected in Zoom? Are you using the camera in another application?

You should also check in System Preferences on your Mac, go to Security & Privacy, select camera and check if Zoom is checked, allowing you to use your camera with Zoom.

ChrisClear
Listener

Hello Ian,

I'm using the camera in the MacBook.  I haven't made any changes to either the MacBook settings or to the Zoom settings.

I just checked using the steps you mention and Zoom is checked.

Ian

Since you're mentioning the update... Try the following: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/205062849-Camera-video-is-unavailable-on-a-Mac-running-10-... 

It seems related to specific codecs on the latest release, so hopefully this will help. If it works - Please accept this post as a solution. 🙂 

ChrisClear
Listener

It seems my MacBook is running on macOS Monterey Version 12.1 so the steps above don't work.