cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breakout room issue

jilanneholder
Listener

In a recent meeting, I was the co-host as tech support and I sent all participants to their break out rooms. Then the Host of the meeting went and joined a breakout room leaving me in the main room.

I then left the meeting but the Host told me after that it took everyone out of the breakout rooms and back to the main room. If I am a co-host, I wouldn't have thought that it would affect the meeting if I left it. Would the solution to this be to leave my Zoom link open (mute, video off)? And if I do that, can I then join another meeting with that one still open? Or can I only leave while everyone is in the main meeting room? 

2 REPLIES 2

Shaimaa
Participant | Zoom Employee
Participant | Zoom Employee

Hi jilanneholde

The co-host can't end the meeting for all , you might pressed close all breakout rooms in this case yes all the participant will redirect to the main room you can know what are the roles oft the co-host of the meeting from the article below then you could choose what is the best option.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360040324512-Roles-in-a-meeting 

Please like any post that helped you; please mark solutions so others can find them!

jilanneholder
Listener

Great thanks for that. Yes, it did not end the meeting when I left - it just took participants who were in a breakout room back to the main room.  I'm not sure if I have to keep the meeting room open on Zoom if I need to leave the meeting early?  Since I am the co-host and not the host, sometimes I am not required to attend the whole meeting so need to leave early.