cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio/microphone issues

RyanH2008
Listener

When I use my HP laptop only in Zoom, I have no issues. 

On Sunday mornings, for Sunday School, we have been using a camera attached via USB that also has a microphone.  This is so attendees via Zoom can see the attendees in person.

Now, when I use on Sunday, Zoom will not recognize the microphone.  If I go to settings the settings are frozen, i.e. cannot test microphone or see an option to switch from laptop to camera or vice versa.

How do I get around this?

1 REPLY 1

newl
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello @RyanH2008 ,

Not sure if you are using Windows 10 or 11 but I can make a few suggestions.

#1 - Make sure you have the current version of the Zoom Client, currently at 5.16.6 as of October 30th 2023.

#2 - Update any software required for the USB camera

#3 - Check that Windows is up-to-date.

#4 - Try using the USB camera on another computer using Zoom to verify it has not failed.

#5 - If you know the USB camera is working, try using a different USB Port (if available) on the computer.

#6 - Use the Windows Camera app to take photos and videos. To find the Camera app, select Start > Camera. 

#7 - If you have verified the camera is working, try to re-install Zoom after using the ZoomClean utility. 

I have linked the Zoom Support Docs to ensure you can uninstall the client using the "CleanZoom" utility.

How to uninstall and reinstall Zoom

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362983-Uninstalling-and-reinstalling-the-Zoom-applicati...

I hope that this provides the information you need, reply if you have any further questions. Otherwise, consider marking the solution as "Accepted" so others may find this solution as well!

Cheers!