cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio issue, going from share screen computer audio back to normal audio

jenEV
Listener

Hi, whenever I go from share screen/computer audio then stop share/normal audio the sound always drops out and everyone has to leave the room and come back in to fix the sound. I have this is lots of other people's zoom meetings also where they use this feature.  Can anyone help sort this?

Thanks Jen

2 REPLIES 2

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @jenEV ,  I know it has been a while since you initially posted, but I want to make sure you receive assistance. Are you still having this issue? If so, please try uninstalling/reinstalling the Zoom client. 

If you are using Windows, please follow the below instructions to reinstall the Zoom app;
1) Close all Zoom windows
2) Download clean Zoom here > https://assets.zoom.us/docs/msi-templates/CleanZoom.zip
3) Try to install Zoom app from the download link at zoom.us/download. Download the first one from the list, Zoom Client for Meeting.
4) Sign-in to Zoom app

If you are using Macbook, please follow the below instructions to reinstall the Zoom app;
1) Drag and drop the Zoom application icon to the Trash folder
2) This action will uninstall the application
3) Try to install Zoom app from the download link at zoom.us/download. Download the first one from the list, Zoom Client for Meeting.
4) Sign-in to Zoom app

I would also suggest all attendees update their Zoom client as well. Let me know if that helps! 

Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

jenEV
Listener

Thanks Carla, in the end everyone agreed they preferred the sound when I didn't switch to share screen/computer audio so now I just don't switch. As there wasn't just a dropping issue but also a hissing noise. In fact in certain meeting with certain clients I always experience a hissing sound, unless I hit mute and wait for it to go and then unmute again (and repeat every 5 mins or so).....