cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotation Text not showing to participants whilst writing

GT_0111
Listener

When in a meeting and screen sharing, the text annotations are not showing to participants whilst the host is writing only when the writing is finished and you click away from the text box.. It was working up until a day or so ago and suddenly changed. I have run the update and turned on annotation in the account settings but it doesn't seem to show unless I click away from the text which makes collaborative writing tricky. Although, the 'draw' annotations show up,  the 'text' annotations don't. Would appreciate some support/quick fix please?

6 REPLIES 6

Megann
Listener

While I don't have a fix, I use annotation a lot. Here is what I've discovered: Whoever is sharing the screen can annotate and see the text as you're typing. 
If you are not sharing the screen, your annotation only appears after you've clicked out of the text box. 

Host/Cohost doesn't matter, it's the person who is sharing the material on the screen. 

Thanks Megaan. It strange as it used to work whilst I was typing and didn’t need to click out of the text box so participants could copy notes whilst I was typing them but now they need to write once I’ve finished which takes much longer and doesn’t serve my purpose well.

Welcome to other suggestions?  

Nono2
Listener

One of my colleagues has the exact same problem: while sharing her screen, text box content doesn't show until she clicks out of it. It was working just fine before. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

GT_0111
Listener

Seems like no solutions have been provided unfortunately 😞

ioshts
Listener

I experience it today, August 11. Zoom, please resolve

MelvynByrd
Listener

thanks for information!