cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative hosts can't join a recurrent call through the join link

Zoomer3
Listener

I have created a series of 5 calls, with an alternative host.  The event was added to Outlook calendar, with a join link. However, when alternative host tries to join the event, they get a message: "If you are a host, please sign in to start the webinar".

What is the solution?

It is the first time that I see that alternative hosts can't join a call through a link, and asked to sign in. Could you please share more information about it? Do alternative hosts need to be signed in their Zoom accounts and use the meeting ID to start the webinar?

Thank you very much.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Alex_PFT
Participant | Zoom Partner

Hi,

To join a meeting or a webinar, if the settings that require a user to be logged in to zoom is not selected (it is almost never the case) well, you don't need to be logged in into any zoom account to join. 
The difference for the alternative host, is that you assign the alternative host to a specific user, so that user needs to be logged in for Zoom to recognize him. 

Alex

zoom@pft

View solution in original post

JepZoomie
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

So basically, the alternative host really needs to sign in. It should be the same regardless if it's a single webinar or recurring.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

JepZoomie

That prompt means that your webinar requires users to sign in with their Zoom account before joining. 

Make sure to check your webinar settings:

JepZoomie_0-1651599400361.png

Thank you. The condition "require to authenticate to join" is off for my webinar. And I appreciate a confirmation that my alternative host needs to sign in to their zoom account beforehand because they never need to do that for any other one time call vs a series of calls. Is that what makes a difference? 

JepZoomie

So basically, the alternative host really needs to sign in. It should be the same regardless if it's a single webinar or recurring.

Alex_PFT

Hi,

If the alternative hot is not signed in into the same account the alternative host was assigned too, of course it won't work. For example if I assign alternative host to ''enter e-mail address here'', well that user will have to be logged into that account if he wants to enter the meeting as alternative host. 

Alex

zoom@pft

Thank you. I wonder what triggers the requirement for alternative hosts to sign in, since this is not the case for a single event vs a series of webinars.

Alex_PFT

Hi,

To join a meeting or a webinar, if the settings that require a user to be logged in to zoom is not selected (it is almost never the case) well, you don't need to be logged in into any zoom account to join. 
The difference for the alternative host, is that you assign the alternative host to a specific user, so that user needs to be logged in for Zoom to recognize him. 

Alex

zoom@pft

Zoomer3
Listener

Great replies. Thank you a lot!