cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Affect of adding custom registration questions after people have registered?

JenniferS1
Listener

Is anyone able to tell me if adding custom registration questions to the Meeting registration form after people have  started registering will require them to re-register? I was able to find in the Zoom knowledge base information about how this affects Webinar registrations but I haven't been able to find any information about Meeting registrations. Thanks for any information you can provide.

8 REPLIES 8

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

It will have the same effect on any type of Zoom registration. Adding a custom question, especially if it is required to be answered, will make all existing registrations incomplete and send registrants back to the registration page when they try to join the session. 

Hello Bort, We have 320 webinar registrants and I just added 5 or more custom questions.  Are the 321 people NOT registered anymore? And if they are, how can I get them to fill out the form again?

Bort

Hi @MaryNAAF 

It's been a while since I tested this, but it should work the same. 

You have a few options on how to address this: 

• Delete the webinar and start over, making everyone (re-)register for the new session. (A bit extreme, I hear ya)
  • Go in to your registrants list and cancel their registration. You can customize the cancellation email before it goes out, so that you can explain why you have cancelled their registration and ask them to reregister. (Still a bit extreme, considering 99% of your current registrants would be affected)
  • Email those specific registrants, explaining that their registration is incomplete and they will need to try joining the webinar early. When they try to join with their incomplete registration, the system should recognize this and redirect them to the registration page, instead of joining the webinar. Once they register fully, then they can join with the new link. Explaining that to them as a possibility will cause less confusion overall, since they know what to expect.

Hope that helps, but let me know if you have any questions. 

MaryNAAF
Listener

Thanks for the steps, Bort.  We do not want to delete and start over. It is too cumbersome. 

When you say " It's been a while since I tested this, but it should work the same. " Do you mean that the registrants who sign up before I added custom questions, should still be able to login on day of webinar?

Bort

Yes, they will be able to login on the day of the webinar, but I'd suggest having them try to do so early, so that if they are required to re-register, they have the time to do so and receive the join link via email. You as the host may also consider waiting a few extra minutes before starting the actual presentation, to allow late arrivals due to registration delays. 

MaryNAAF
Listener

Thanks again Bort. BTW, what is the best way to speak to a support person at ZOOM? I have some issues with org wide account and solving OTP for multiple users. Very frustrating. Thanks!

Bort

Hi @MaryNAAF 

Best method is to submit a request via the form here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @JenniferS1 @MaryNAAFbelieve that this problem has been resolved. Please double-check to see if the problem is still present.

I'd advise reading the Knowledge Base Article on Zoom registrants stuck in loop to see if this resolved your issue. 

Looking forward to your reply! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!