cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Denied Error Code 1020

catbel
Listener

Only recently I have been unable to join a meeting via a link and I get the message Access Denied Error Code 1020. Some of the links do not give the meeting/passcode, so I have been unable to join. Why has this suddenly started to happen? Any help appreciated.

22 REPLIES 22

Gilad
Listener

We are getting it today as well. Any official response?

Abhimanyu
Listener

We also started getting this error when creating OAuth token.

Abhimanyu
Listener

When calling endpoint 

https://zoom.us/oauth/token?grant_type=account_credentials&account_id=id_here to generate oauth token. In response, we get:

error code: 1020

pluto2020
Listener

We are also getting this error when registering users for Zoom meetings:

POST /v2/meetings/{MeetingId}/registrants  (returns HTTP 403; Forbidden)

It appears to return the raw text 'error code: 1020' instead of JSON.

Abhimanyu
Listener

Hi pluto2020,

Can you please confirm what infrastructure you are using ?

We are using AWS ECS (docker container), this issue only appears on AWS network outbound calls to zoom api endpoint.

When we released (for testing) on Azure cloud (app services), its working and no issue as such, everything works without any issue.

Is this only specific with AWS cloud to zoom cloud ?

Our app is deployed on azure and we are getting this error. It only started today. We suspect the something on Zoom’s end is blocking the requests.

pluto2020
Listener

We are also using AWS ECS docker containers.

I'll trying and dig deeper into this issue.

ariellez
Listener

I just started having this error code within the last few days when using my laptop to access Zoom across all browsers. Does anyone know if this is an issue with Zoom, my ISP, or something else? All other devices can connect just fine.

Interestingly, the issue only occurs for me in QA & PROD where we run our application in Docker containers (AWS ECS), but it works fine when I run directly from my development machine.  The issue appear to start for us about 12 hours ago.

ariellez
Listener

I’m a medical provider who is not well versed in IT terminology. I’m using a regular browser to access the Zoom website. Not sure what software may be causing the issue here unfortunately.

David44
Listener

We're experiencing the same issue - we use AWS ECS to make outbound requests to Zoom.

We captured one of our outbound requests from our Staging environment and sent it locally via Postman and it works locally but NOT in our environments in AWS.

We found this article as well https://kinsta.com/knowledgebase/error-1020-access-denied
If Zoom is using Cloudflare, there could be a misconfigured firewall rule.

Abhimanyu
Listener

We also tried to rotate the AWS Nat Gateway IP but same issue.

Abhimanyu
Listener

Hi @catbel 

Let us know if you have any update.

We raised a technical support request on zoom and then called to zoom support on phone. They changed ticket status to HIGH, and assigned to Tier 2 support.

David44
Listener

We have a workaround, for now. I'll share it here in case anyone else finds it useful.

We created a Cloudfront distribution that proxies requests to zoom.us and api.zoom.us. Remember to pass through all the necessary headers.

Abhimanyu
Listener

Hi All,

Zoom started working.

Zoom tech support team has updated us.

We also validated it from our end, all service started working.

Gilad
Listener

The was resolved for us. We got a reply from Zoom support that they had a configuration issue in cloudflare. I hope it is resolved for everyone.

Golding
Listener

This is still not resolved for me.  Was it a Zoom error, or do I need to do additional configuring?

Yes it is working for us now (and has been for almost 24 hours now).  I think Zoom had misconfigured their CloudFlare firewall so all apps running in a Linux container failed to register users for a meeting.

I guess I'll have to wait until it works for me.  I'm still getting Access Denied; I'm just running it in Safari using a link I received for the meeting.

catbel
Listener

Thankyou everyone for your responses.  It's great to know that there are plenty of people out there willing to help.  Sorry I was unable to respond individually, but I was not able to access zoom.us.  In response to a ticket I raised with Zoom I was told that they had tried to fix the issue, but that it was a firewall problem with my MacBook that was at fault.  I contacted Mac Support who found some malware on my MacBook that had been causing the problem. Zoom now working again!

padmakardasi
Listener

I have been unable to join a meeting via a link and I get the message Access Denied Error Code 1020. ?
Any help appreciated. I am using Mac.

Hi @padmakardasi, do you use a VPN connection? Also, can you check if there are any updates to your Mac that you need to run under System Preferences>Software Update?  If there are, kindly perform them and restart the machine to verify if the issue persists once you have rebooted. 

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?