cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teaching computer classes via Zoom

SoFlaMac
Listener

I would like to teach online Mac computer classes via Zoom. Does Zoom provide tools that allow an instructor's key strokes to display as they are typing? I'd like for participants to see when I hit a key that is not a letter or number. I'm also curious to know if Zoom has any tools for assisting instructors who are teaching via Zoom. Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

icrew
Attendee

You could turn on the built-in macOS accessibility keyboard which will show which keys are depressed, including things like option and command. Check out https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/use-the-accessibility-keyboard-mchlc74c1c9f/mac for all the details.

You can even resize it so it’s exactly the size you want, and set it to “dark” or “light” mode via the three dots in the upper-right corner. I think light mode makes it easier to see what keys are pressed.

Hope that helps!

Ian

Thank you! I've seen on YouTube where as each keystroke is made the strokes or combinations display temporarily. I won't have the keyword displayed during the class. Does Zoom offer such a feature?

Thanks!