cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom integration with Eventbrite

CPDevents
Listener

Hello,

Experiencing an major issue with the March 2022 update on reporting practice, despite having an Eventbrite integration.

The integration is supposed to share all Eventbrite attendee registrations with with Zoom and subsequently Zoom is supposed to automatically check-in attendees who attended  the meeting / webinar on Eventbrite.
See outline of what to expect here on Eventbrite's website

See outline of what to expect on Zoom's App marketplace

--> both list the sharing of attendee details between the two platforms.

We now find that registrations are no longer being transferred from Eventbrite to Zoom, and therefore attendee reports are devoid of emails. We are already in possession of registrant details (on eventbrite), so cannot understand why the details of invited participants are withheld in the attendee reports when we have this integration in place. 

Also, as joining attendees don't tend to type their full name, they are often incomplete, typos are also common, or nicknames are used. Therefore their name in the attendee report does not match the one in the registration details and identification for any follow up activities (e.g. certification if educational event) is significantly impacted and the task becomes a huge administrative burden not a suitable work-around.  The integration is a solution to this, but it seems the changes have broken this.

If a host has an integration, they should be meeting the first point listed in the March 2022 update:

"In addition, you will continue to see email addresses included in your Reports and Dashboard for the following groups:

• If the participant entered their email address during the meeting or webinar registration flow, then it will be shown for that specific meeting/webinar."

This was the case and the two platforms worked well to deliver on this up until 1st of March 2022.

This is really disruptive and extremely disappointing that this integration is now broken or made redundant by this change.

Will these integrations be re-established?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CPDevents
Listener

We have found a solution ourselves (no thanks to the customer support team at Zoom).

Registration  needs to be enabled on Zoom as well.

To any integration users (e.g. Eventbrite integration):

• If your registrations on an external system are not longer being acknowledged by Zoom since the 1st of March 2022, turn on registration on the Zoom meeting/webinar (with no additional required fields, as these cannot be matched). 
  • This will mean Zoom no longer ignores the registrant information fed by your platform of choice. 
  • Once registration is enabled, you will once again be able to see:
  • (A) registrant numbers leading up to your event on Zoom, and
  • (B) capture attendee emails in your attendee reports.

The above is how you can comply with the first point listed in the March 2022 update:

"[...] you will continue to see email addresses included in your Reports and Dashboard for the following groups:

• If the participant entered their email address during the meeting or webinar registration flow, then it will be shown for that specific meeting/webinar."

It's very simple and should have been communicated to integration users much earlier.

For anyone worried about enabling registration on the Zoom webinar/meeting - this does not mean your attendee is asked to register on your platform of choice and then again on Zoom. It simply enables Zoom to use the registration information already collected by your platform.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CPDevents
Listener

We have found a solution ourselves (no thanks to the customer support team at Zoom).

Registration  needs to be enabled on Zoom as well.

To any integration users (e.g. Eventbrite integration):

• If your registrations on an external system are not longer being acknowledged by Zoom since the 1st of March 2022, turn on registration on the Zoom meeting/webinar (with no additional required fields, as these cannot be matched). 
  • This will mean Zoom no longer ignores the registrant information fed by your platform of choice. 
  • Once registration is enabled, you will once again be able to see:
  • (A) registrant numbers leading up to your event on Zoom, and
  • (B) capture attendee emails in your attendee reports.

The above is how you can comply with the first point listed in the March 2022 update:

"[...] you will continue to see email addresses included in your Reports and Dashboard for the following groups:

It's very simple and should have been communicated to integration users much earlier.

For anyone worried about enabling registration on the Zoom webinar/meeting - this does not mean your attendee is asked to register on your platform of choice and then again on Zoom. It simply enables Zoom to use the registration information already collected by your platform.

Elisek1
Listener

Maybe you or someone can help me. I hold a monthly free webinar on Zoom and the invites are supposed to be connected via Eventbrite. The last two webinars were totally messed up and attendees did not get the right Zoom link so I lost something like 12 people. I see the emails from Eventbrite and I have no clue to which Zoom account or link they sent these poor people. What can I do? I find no place on Eventbrite to update my Zoom link. On Zoom I will not pay for their webinar package. HELP PLEASE. Thank you all.