cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Events: creating on-demand recordings before a conference

Belman
Listener

I am organizing a conference and we would like to record some sessions prior to the conference and make them available for on-demand viewing once the conference begins. How can this be done in Zoom Events?  Here are a few ideas, but I'm not sure if any of them will work.

1) Is there a way to upload videos? This would be ideal so that I can get the videos professionally edited and closed-captioned.

2) Record a session before the conference using Zoom so that it will appear in the Recordings section of the Hub. How would you do this? Do you need to make a fake session prior to the conference that you would record live?  How would you do this without altering the conference dates? 

Any thoughts on the above ideas or any other possible solutions? 

1 REPLY 1

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello,
My name is Brandon. Thanks for joining the Zoom Community! Zoom Events works differently than on-demand recordings if you are used to that functionality, but you can still perform these tasks. We have extensive documentation on Zoom Events, starting with this one here. 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360061475271#h_01F4VX0YXFW8572YHBJ5NH04VW

We also have a training session that I feel would be beneficial to you and what you are attempting to do. Here is the link to that as well. https://learning.zoom.us/learn?utm_source=support&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=Start_learning

Like on-demand recordings in Zoom Events, you provide your customers or participants with tickets to the event, and you can manage what access those ticket holders have in said event. This topic is pretty advanced for this post. Still, I do believe that between the support articles and the training videos that we provide, you will understand what you are attempting to do, especially if you are familiar with the on-demand recording of webinars. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?