cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZOOM Event

delgado
Listener

i set up a zoom summit for an upcoming meeting. I was only able to set it up for one day. i also have two breakout sessions that run concurrently. it doesn't allow me to run concurrent sessions. Just wondering how others have handed this.

8 REPLIES 8

ChrisO
Note Taker

Unfortunately, Zoom events does not currently support the features you're looking for.  They are working on a "Conferences" feature which will do what you are asking.  It was scheduled to release on 10/26 but has not gone live yet so I am unsure of how long it will be delayed.  Currently, the best option for concurrent break-out sessions is to use a large meeting.

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

Chris is right - Summit is limited to one day / single stream.

Last I heard, the Conference feature requires paid intervention by Zoom team members to get you up and running.

Cheers,
George
GreenMeeting.ca

It appears conferences is available now, at least it is showing as an option for me. It is included in an events license. I think you a referring to paying Zoom to help set one up, but that is not required it is just an additional service they offer.

The 'you have to involve us for conferences' is from a Zoom presentation from 2 weeks ago. May very well have changed since then.

Cheers,
George
GreenMeeting.ca

I know during Zoomtopia they mentioned having an option to pay for their "professional" support in creating a conference/event, but it is not required to my knowledge.

They were very explicit when I asked: DIY is coming for Conferences, but not an option yet.

As I said, that may have changed since but I had the impression it was Q1 2022

Cheers,
George
GreenMeeting.ca

Maybe I am unsure. What I can tell you is I have been playing with creating and using Conferences without any involvement from Zoom since it went live yesterday. That being said, a lot of things depend on account licensing and not all licenses are treated the same.

Thanks Chris - good to know. Wonder if that was part of the latest update to drop this week.

Looking forward to figuring out the Conferences workflow.

Cheers,
George
GreenMeeting.ca