cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webinar URL Issue

andrew9
Listener

Hi,

We're using Zoom Webinar with registration in our organisation and the meeting link we are provided with is in the format "zoom.us/w/<meeting-number>". Our Teams Room system only recognises URL's with the format "zoom.us/j/<meeting-number>". When changing the w to a j it works fine and lets us in, does this have any knock on effect that we're not aware of and what's the reason for the url difference?

4 REPLIES 4

anissat
Community Champion | Customer

Hi Andrew! 
Yep, you got it.... use the "j" instead for your Teams Room setup, and you can still enter. (I just tested with a webinar meeting link of my own, swapping w for j and it opened the webinar as expected.) 

s = start

= join (universal)

w = webinar

Hope this helps! Make sure to press "Accept as Solution" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Zooming!
Anissa • Zoomologist • @anissat

Thanks for testing, much appreciated.

Do we know if this would have any unforeseen knock on effect? Zoom Webinar is generally  used for high profile meeting meetings so keen to confirm the J/W doesn't make any difference from a meeting point of view

Connie_Iske
Listener

Hello Anissa,

I have a similar issue.

I have a webinar scheduled for tomorrow, 11/29 and I believe that I have sent the wrong URL to my attendees and am more than a little concerned! 

The URL for attendees should begin with https://acme.zoom.us/j (with a "j" in the URL) 

In the email reminder to my attendees, I sent this with https://acme.zoom.us/s/  (with a "s" in the URL)

Do I need to send them an update or will they be able to join with the "s" in the URL? And will this ask them to start the webinar???? 

anissat

Hi @Connie_Iske - I'm so sorry I was offline and missed your question. My understanding and testing shows that the s assumes the person clicking that link is authenticated as either the host or an alternate host, and they've signed into Zoom using an email account that corresponds to the host or alternate host designations. If they aren't either, then they'll get a "Waiting for Host to Start This [Meeting/Webinar]" dialog and nothing happens after that. 

Hope this helps! Make sure to press "Accept as Solution" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Zooming!
Anissa • Zoomologist • @anissat