cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install failed on mac mini m1

DaveQ
Listener

I had Zoom installed on my Mac Mini m1 and could not get Zoom software updates.  I uninstalled Zoom after seeing Error code suggestion to try it.  I installed Zoom again and selected the link for Apple Silicon since I have the m1 chip.  I am using the latest Ventura 13.2 software.  Every time I try to install the new Zoom it fails.  I even turned off my virus protection.  Still it fails.  Any suggestions would be welcomed.  

6 REPLIES 6

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @DaveQ, thank you for contributing to the Zoom Community! I apologize for the delay in response. 

Please try the steps outlined in this article to install the Zoom desktop client: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/203020795-Installing-the-Zoom-application-on-macOS

If you are not successful, please follow the steps below:
1. Quit Zoom
2. Go to your Finder
3. Click Go at the very top of your screen
4. Hold Options button down on your keyboard
5. Click Library when it appears
6. Open application support folder
7. Delete zoom.us folder
8. Go to applications and remove Zoom if it is still in there
9. Reboot computer
10. Click on this link PKG: https://zoom.us/client/latest/Zoom.pkg to get the latest version of Zoom and install it.

Let me know if you have any questions.
I look forward to your update! 

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

DaveQ
Listener

Thank you for the response.  The steps were a little different than shown in your first link but "App Store and identified developers" was already checked to allow.  I followed your steps above and I do not show Zoom listed in either step 7 or step 8.

willjoe2442
Participant

Check if your Mac has enough storage space available. If you don't have enough space, then the update may not be able to install properly and could cause an error message. If this is the case, try freeing up some space to see if that resolves the issue.

Regards,

Diana

DaveQ
Listener

330GB's available, so that is not the problem.  But thanks for the suggestion.

DaveQ
Listener

Success.  I contacted Apple support and they had me turn-on a couple settings deep in the bowls of System Settings and that solved the issue.

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi Dave! Thank you for updating the thread and letting us know that you were able to resolve the issue with Apple. 

Would you be able to share with us what settings you turned on?

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?