cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTI Pro - Canvas - Course level publishing

CJConnell
Newcomer
Newcomer

I was wondering if anyone was using Canvas and the LTI Pro settings "Course-Level Publishing" and "Recordings Viewable to Students"?  If anyone can show a screenshot of how this actually looks at the user level that would be great.  Also, can I leave Recordings Viewable... to "All" and set course-level publishing to enabled?  I am thinking this has the affect of all recordings are still automatically published, but instructors would now have the option of unpublishing any recording that they choose (while also not changing the current status of any recording until they choose).  Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1

jrmagno
Zoom Employee
Zoom Employee

• If you set "Recordings Viewable to Students" to "All" and "Course-Level Publishing" to "Enabled", then:
    • All recordings are initially published by default and are viewable by all students.
    • Instructors will have the option to unpublish any specific recording within their Canvas course if they choose.
    • No changes are made to the current status of any recording until the instructor takes an action (such as unpublishing a recording).

At the User Level:

• Instructors: Will see all their cloud recordings in the "Zoom" section of their Canvas course. They will have the option to manage (publish/unpublish) each recording.
  • Students: Will see only those recordings that are published by the instructor. If a recording is unpublished, it will not appear in their list of available recordings.

Screenshot Guidance:

Unfortunately, I can't provide a direct screenshot here, but I can guide you on how to find what this looks like:

1. For Instructors:

• Navigate to the "Zoom" tab within the Canvas course.
    • Under "Cloud Recordings," instructors will see a list of all recordings with options to "Publish" or "Unpublish" next to each recording.
    • There may also be a status indicator showing if a recording is currently published or unpublished.
  2. For Students:

• Students will see a simplified view under the "Zoom" tab with only the recordings that are published by the instructor.

Please refer to this knowledge article 

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0063727

cheers.