cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account sharing

Pczwartos
Listener

Is it possible to share a single zoom account between two people?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Pczwartos, please be aware that sharing a Zoom Account is against our Terms of Service (TOS). You can look into our TOS here at https://zoom.us/terms under 'Use of services and your responsibilities'. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Pczwartos, please be aware that sharing a Zoom Account is against our Terms of Service (TOS). You can look into our TOS here at https://zoom.us/terms under 'Use of services and your responsibilities'. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

I  need more explanation.

Per Zoom T's & C's"

"Your and Your End Users’ use of the Services and shall abide by, and ensure compliance with, all Laws in connection with Your and each End User’s use of the Services, including but not limited to Laws related to recording, intellectual property, privacy and export control. Use of the Services is void where prohibited."

(Bold mine)

Our non-profit (church) has 800+ members. We purchased Zoom accounts for our and our member's use to conduct our church activities, including volunteer, management, outreach, and other aspects of operations. These are our "end-users." How can we successfully utilize the Zoom service if each of the users, which are individually assigned the use of our Zoom account for a particular event, must be effectively authenticated through an admin email account?

I must have this wrong somehow, but this appears to be what is happening.  

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hey, @Abqtech  --  I think you might be  reading a little too much into the TOS.  What it's talking about is allowing other people to LOG INTO A USER ACCOUNT.  In other words, you can't publish 5-10 email addresses and passwords for a few Zoom accounts and just let everyone log into whichever one they want.

If, like most Business, Enterprise, or Educational accounts, you have many users authorized on your account, that functionality is provided assuming that each user will have access to his/her own user account -- not sharing usernames and passwords with other users.

Does that help?

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

No. It's not provided. I can't log in as User1 and start a webinar for User2 even if I can see that webinar, schedule it, and join it. So if Support1 needs to start Webinar1 webinar, they have to log into that Webinar1 account. If they are working from a different computer, or just haven't logged into that account in a while, they get a verification code, which only goes to the email of the administrator. It's ridiculous.

Ray_Harwood

So actually you CAN see and start webinars for others... assuming that you have a Webinar License assigned to your own login AND set up the Scheduling Privilege between you and anyone else for whom you need to start Webinars.

Scheduling Privileges are assigned in Personal -> Settings -> Meetings -> Schedule Privilege (way down at the bottom of Meetings settings). Next to Assign Schedule Privilege, click Edit, and locate an account to which you want to grant the privilege to schedule and start meetings of yours.  They need to do the same, granting you privilege to schedule on their behalf and start their webinars.  This also permits them to see, schedule, and start Meetings as well.

Maybe that will help.  The bottom line is that each person that schedules or starts webinars needs to have a Webinar license attached to their account... and an account should only be logged into by one person.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

While a convenient feature, it does not solve the problem of users being locked out by verification code requirements. My users each need their own email and ability to manage any webinar scheduled for the company. The admins need to be able to make updates also using their own accounts.  logmein works like this. Each computer is a seat. There is no user limit, but there is a seat limit. 

Thanks very much Ray. I will check into that.

Now, let's say that you have an enterprise. One company owns 5 active webinar accounts. Each one is used for the webinars. There are 10 support people who have the duty of hosting webinars and the duties rotate by day. The way your system is set up, each person must not only know which account is hosting the webinar, they must have full login credential for that account in order to do so.  If they are remote users, as people tend to be these days, they frequently get a verification code requirement.

This is a very poor way to handle enterprise users and we will probably have to replace Zoom because it's just not a workable solution for this environment.