cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zoom one basic plus

reylags
Listener

I had recently availed of upgrading to zoom one basic plus, which supposedly entitles me to 4 meetings a month that can go beyond the 40 min time limit.

Whenever I arrange a meeting, I am only given up to 40 minutes.

However, I can't seem to avail of it despite it showing that I can in my profile. I wanted to know how I can avail of this considering I am already charged of the additional fees. 

Thank you. 

25 REPLIES 25

cydfoote
Listener

I am having the same issue and would appreciate an answer from Zoom.

c-pesl
Listener

Same issue here.  I upgraded to Basic Plus.  Very embarrassing to host a meeting that is cut off unexpectedly.   

I think I figured it out (although have not tested it because I do not want to waste one of my 4 sessions).  Looks like I need to click on the "Extend" button (very small button that I did not see until later) in the upper left corner of interface DURING the zoom call.  Not before. Not after.  During. Okay. 

Hey, did you test your theory? Can you provide a screenshot? Is it working with scheduled meetings as well?

Thank you for sharing, I don't see this button. if you could send a screenshot that would be wonderful!

Yes, but then it cuts you off at 80 min

Pretty sure even Zoom can't get it to work. I requested a refund, which they initially refused, but when I asked them to at least explain how to use the service I'd paid for, they quickly refunded the charge. 

Thanks for the heads up. I will cancel the service of course if they can't make it work. Too bad!

I have the same issue, how to contact Zoom, can you please explain?

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Greetings, folks. 

Do you have a Zoom Pricing page that discusses “Zoom Basic Plus”?  I’ve never seen this before. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

I had the zoom pro and decided to cancel it.  That was when I got offered the basic plus with the option to extend 4 meetings a month for up to 80 minutes.  I have not gotten it to work yet with the extension.  Looking for the extend button in the meeting. Basis Plus does not show up on the plan options plages anywhere.

Hi, I had the same exact issue and was so frustrated until I got it to work. The solution for me was to log in to my zoom account online (not the app). Go to user management and edit your profile. You should see a button for zoom basic plus. Click the button. The problem for me was that I have another person I made an admin on my account. Her profile was chosen as the default instead of mine. So I had to unclick the button on her profile to make it active on mine (instead of hers) bc I only have one basic plus license. I guess you can buy more than one to assign to more profiles.

Ray_Harwood

Hey, @bsfzoom1.  Great job. That’s exactly what you needed to do, and you’re correct: you can have up to 9 Licensed users on a Pro account, plus additional unlicensed users. Managing Licenses for multiple users can be challenging at first … but looks like you’re already doing just fine.

If you get to 10 users, you become a Business account. The price per user goes up a little at that point, but there are increased features which compensate for that. 

bsfzoom1
Listener

I'm having the exact same issue. I got a message saying upgrade to 5.15.5 version or higher. I upgraded to the latest version which is higher than 5.15.5.  I still do not get the option to extend my meeting when hitting the 40 minute mark. Attempts to get help on support are ineffective and searches for online technical support for this plan do not exist. Has anyone else had any luck?

MissBSkye
Listener

I have used the extensions twice now.  It is a small button which appears in the top left corner (desktop) once the meeting is started.  I think you have to wait until you are in the meeting in order to use the extension. 

You can only use one extension per  meeting - however, if you go out and click on the same meeting link again, it will allow you to use another extension.  

I’m so glad it’s working for you!! I have not had such luck. The button does not show up for me even when I am in a meeting and I have looked very hard for it. May I ask what platform is being used for your meetings? I’ve tried unsuccessfully on a Mac laptop, an apple phone, and a microsoft tablet. Thanks so much!

I'm using the Chrome browser on a windows desktop.  

bsfzoom1
Listener

Figured out the issue - go to user management and make sure your zoom basic plus license is assigned to your account ID and not another designated user or admin on your account. Apparently you can assign the license to other users and buy more than one license per account. 

saffronrisotto
Listener

Same issue, bsfzoom1 's solution didn't work for me as I am the only user on my account.

I have tried Firefox, chrome and app on both Linux and windows, and app on Android and I haven't found the button to extend a meeting while within it.

Marta3
Listener

Same problem over here, not possible to access customer support by telephone or ticket, not even the Chat boot if you're on this plan. Any answer from Zoom? 

Unfortunately I never got a reply. I just downgraded and cancelled my subscription back to the free one. 😩🤷‍♂️

reylags
Listener

Unfortunately I never got a reply. I just downgraded and cancelled my subscription back to the free one. 😩🤷‍♂️

thank you to everyone who replied and shared their solutions and experiences. 

Ray_Harwood

Hi, everyone. 

You may need to assign your license to your user account. See this web page for assistance:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115004976063-Assigning-a-License

Follow these steps taken from the article:

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal at https://zoom.us.
    2. Click User Management, then Users.
    3. Locate or search for the user who you want to assign a license. There will likely only be your single account – click your account
    4. Click Edit at the end of the user row. This will open a window.
    5. Choose the User Type to assign, selecting Licensed.
    6. After choosing the User Type, use the drop down to select the license. There should be an indication that you have 1 available user license if you have indeed purchased one or more new licenses. Click the available license.
    7. (Optional) Assign add-ons can be included by checking the boxes for the add-on. You will not likely have any add-ons, so you might skip this step.
    8. Click Save.

The license is now applied to your user account and you should be able to use it immediately.

If this does not fix your issue, please submit a support ticket to our Billing team here and they will be able to assist you.  You will need to be logged in to your Zoom account to submit a support ticket.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000983032

When I got to step 6, It wood not allow me to choose "Licensed" ...Licensed as well as on-Prem were greyed-out. 

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @Wingmom.

That's an indication of one of the following:

• You haven't successfully purchased a Zoom One license.
  • You've successfully purchased a license but it's already assigned to you, or someone else on your account.

I've found that the easiest way to see if licenses are already assigned is to look at the Admin -> User menu here: https://zoom.us/account/user#/  Every use on the account will be shown, and their assigned licenses are list under the Type field.