cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom meeting length

Toddster65
Listener

I apologize if this has already been answered.  I checked a number of responses in support but none were clear enough.  At this time I am a new free user but considering Pro account for longer meetings.  The question is this.  Assuming I host as a paying Pro member are the free accounts that join the meeting bound to their respective 40 minute max?  In other words do all participants of that meeting need to be paying Pro members to attend for longer than 40 min?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @Toddster65

The length of a meeting is entirely based in the License of the meeting’s Host (the petsom who scheduled the meeting). If the Host/owner of the Meeting is Licensed, anyone attending can stay as long as the Meeting is open – up to the 30 hour limit. If the Host/owner of the Meeting is a Basic (free) user, the Meeting duration is limited to  40 minutes, with a 10-minute wait time before being able to start another meeting. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @Toddster65

The length of a meeting is entirely based in the License of the meeting’s Host (the petsom who scheduled the meeting). If the Host/owner of the Meeting is Licensed, anyone attending can stay as long as the Meeting is open – up to the 30 hour limit. If the Host/owner of the Meeting is a Basic (free) user, the Meeting duration is limited to  40 minutes, with a 10-minute wait time before being able to start another meeting. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Toddster65
Listener

Perfect!  I will activate a Pro license.  Thank you, Ray_Harwood.