cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Small Office vs. Standard Zoom Pro

drabusharr
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have used Zoom Pro ($149/year) with one license since start of pandemic two years ago. Has overall worked better for me than 4 other platforms (at least for patients waiting to be let into the exam room from waiting room). I have not seen a comparison of my plan to the Small Clinic Office plan ($14.99 per month) and do not know if it is worth paying more for the supposed benefits of an industry-specific license. Sales support wasted 10 minutes not even understanding the simple question i asked. They kept asking me if i wanted a seocnd license.... Is anyone using the aforementioned plan and does it seem worth it? wished for benefits:

• identification as healthcare industry,
  • ability to have ancillary staff admit patients and do a basic interview before physician gets involved.
  • Ability to send invites to phones not email at a reasonable cost. Currently use TextMagic to do this but not integrated.
  • integrated recordings saved in EMR if desired. 
  • Other benefits I have not yet considered but what others are noticing and feel worth cost
  • Of course reasonable cost for a single family medicine provider who needs to keep overhead low.
7 REPLIES 7

aeudailey
Zoom Employee
Zoom Employee

@drabusharr 

Hi there! I'm so sorry to hear you had a frustrating interaction with someone in support - I will relay that feedback to our team. 

In healthcare specifically, it's very beneficial (and necessary) to have a Zoom Pro Plan if you're handling patient health information. You would want to continue using that plan but set up a Business Associates Agreement (BAA) so Zoom can enable your organization to meet HIPAA requirements. 

If I have you can confirm it's ok for me to email you ( we never share email addresses publicly) - I can connect you with our sales manager, Winton Twu, who is waiting to help you out! 

Please reply below and let me know - thank you! 

Amelia Eudailey - Healthcare Program Manager at Zoom 

Hi, I would like to speak or chat with someone about upgrading to healthcare HiPAA compliant Zoom. How can I reach someone for that please?

Hi, I would like to set up a Business Associates Agreement so that Zoom can enable me to meet HIPAA requirements. Currently I have the Zoom pro plan.  Who should I contact or is there a setting I can check in the profile section? I have tried calling Zoom but have not had any luck in actually reaching someone. Please advise. 

Hello!

We have a small practice that has been using Zoom phone and meetings for about 7 months - we have had significant difficulties with callers (patients, referring practitioners, pharmacies, etc.) NOT being able to leave messages. In addition, the requirements relating to 10 DLC compliance were phenomenally disrupting.

The issue with callers repeatedly not being able to leave messages has brought the practice lead to the point he is ready to cancel Zoom entirely.

I was *never* informed Zoom had a healthcare program - Please Please PLEASE reach out to me at your earliest convenience - I'd love to see if we can salvage the relationship!

Sincerely,

Gina M. Watkins

312-761-2454

backup email: ***********

peterv66
Newcomer
Newcomer

@aeudailey can you have someone email me for HIPAA compliant options for my practice? I've got about 50 medical providers on staff. Most of whom might only use it a few times a year, and the other providers will probably only use it a few times a month.   Would like to know pricing options. Thanks!

@Deulax1212 For information on how to have a BAA signed with Zoom, please contact Sales.

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

HIPAA Business Associate Agreement (BAA)

Zoom’s HIPAA offering allows you to leverage the Zoom platform, while still maintaining privacy, security, and compliance.

Features enabled

1. Zoom Phone, our cloud VoIP phone solution featuring secure HD voice; call forwarding, recording, and delegation; and voicemail transcription
  2. Zoom Chat to quickly and securely communicate with colleagues onsite or on the go
  3. Provide a secure location for patient health information and reporting on the administrator dashboard

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/207652183-HIPAA-Business-Associate-Agreement-BAA- 

For information on how to have a BAA signed with Zoom, please contact Sales.

https://explore.zoom.us/en/contactsales/ 

Regards