cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Zoom charged my card almost $600 without authorization and no one will help me get a refund!

hydrofire487
Listener

Zoom charged my card $581 without my authorization and I'm trying to get a person to talk to. After waiting on hold for 30-60 min I keep getting people reading from a script that won't help me and won't give me contact info for a supervisor. No one is helping me get a refund. Does anyone have a contact I could call or had this happen to them too?

I prepaid for an annual plan that was from Feb 23 2022 through Feb 23 2023. In January of 2023, Zoom changed the billing and storage pricing, didn't notify me there would be overages and then charged my card $581 stating that I went over their storage. They did the same thing to my coworker. Her bill was over $1300. They notified me the day AFTER they charged my card that I was being charged even though my one year wasn't up that I paid for and decreased my storage to 5% of what it was. I deleted all the recording I had within 24 hours of their email to be under their new requirements. I also purchased more storage on top of already paying for the year. I'm not even asking for what I paid for for the year, I'm just asking for a refund of the $581. I've submitted multiple tickets and they keep coming back "resolved" but no one is calling me or resolving it. I've called multiple times, emailed, and am asking constantly to talk to a supervisor or manager. No one is giving me someone to talk to. I've disputed it with my bank and looking at reporting zoom unless I can get a hold of a supervisor or manager. Does anyone have an actual person within zoom I can call and not someone reading a script? I've been a customer for years and I'd love to stay with Zoom but I'm so frustrated right now and scared to have a card attached to my file at this point. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

S_K
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Regarding Cloud Recording Storage Overage Fees

It's important to keep a close watch on the amount of storage space you are using to ensure you don't incur overage fees beyond the amount of storage you pay for. 

Terms of Service 

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

hydrofire487
Listener

Zoom charged my card $581 without my authorization and I'm trying to get a person to talk to. After waiting on hold for 30-60 min I keep getting people reading from a script that won't help me and won't give me contact info for a supervisor. No one is helping me get a refund. Does anyone have a contact I could call or had this happen to them too?

I prepaid for an annual plan that was from Feb 23 2022 through Feb 23 2023. In January of 2023, Zoom changed the billing and storage pricing, didn't notify me there would be overages and then charged my card $581 stating that I went over their storage. They did the same thing to my coworker. Her bill was over $1300. They notified me the day AFTER they charged my card that I was being charged even though my one year wasn't up that I paid for and decreased my storage to 5% of what it was. I deleted all the recording I had within 24 hours of their email to be under their new requirements. I also purchased more storage on top of already paying for the year. I'm not even asking for the storage that I paid for for the year, I'm just asking for a refund of the $581. I've submitted multiple tickets and they keep coming back "resolved" but no one is calling me or resolving it. I've called multiple times, emailed, and am asking constantly to talk to a supervisor or manager. No one is giving me someone to talk to. I've disputed it with my bank and looking at reporting zoom unless I can get a hold of a supervisor or manager. Does anyone have an actual person within zoom I can call and not someone reading a script? I've been a customer for years and I'd love to stay with Zoom but I'm so frustrated right now and scared to have a card attached to my file at this point. 

S_K

Hello hydrofire487,

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't reached a resolution. I do know that information regarding excess fees per GB when storage limits are exceeded are noted in your cart when purchasing. There is an information icon above the the monthly pricing. This information is also found here: Cloud recording storage capacity

I did not purchase anything or have anything in my cart. I only bought the annual subscription in feb of 2022. My one year isn’t up and zoom charged my card without authorization and did not notify me about the new charges. I have contacted zoom almost every day since January 24th and they deny me every time. I keep telling them how this is illegal and they won’t give me a refund or get me to a supervisor. I have been a customer for 3 years and I’m so sad to be treated like this and scared that they will keep misusing my card

How did you issue resolved? I am experiencing the same thing today 😞

Not with zoom but I did get my money back from the bank. I kept emailing zoom back and they copying and pasting a script and not listening to me. I finally reported it with my bank and disputed the charge. My bank started to return my money and then zoom reached out to try and refund half and I told them no. My bank gave me ALL of it back. Zoom won't let you pull off your billing info on their site and I'm paranoid now so I used privacy.com that let's you give a dummy debit card number and you can set a limit on how much can be charged to it. I set the limit at 50 cents over my monthly billing with zoom so this will never happen again. This company is a crook and it sucks because my whole company uses them. I don't have much choice. I would dispute with your bank! 

S_K

If you have a paid account that is due upon receipt, there must be a credit card on the account. If you have a basic free account with a credit card on file, you can request the removal of the credit card. Should you resubscribe in the future, a card will be required again. If you no longer wish to use Zoom's services, you can request the permanent deletion of your account.

NOTE: Cancellations become effective as of your next renewal date, and your services will continue until the end of your current subscription term.

Find answers to many questions in Zoom Support and in Terms of Service.

PAE
Listener

Same here. I'm getting charged for around $300 usd. I have the annual pro subscription and recently added extra cloud storage. I still don't get any reply.

Sorry to hear that. There are a lot of us who are going through this and not getting help. I’m wondering if it would be worth it to get everyone together and go to an attorney?

S_K

Be sure to review the Terms of Service first. 

S_K

Regarding Cloud Recording Storage Overage Fees

It's important to keep a close watch on the amount of storage space you are using to ensure you don't incur overage fees beyond the amount of storage you pay for. 

Terms of Service 

Until i have been charged i knew the overage fees inside. Your note while other resigned too small and hard to realize.

!!!

S_K

Have a dispute about charges? Here are some pointers.

1. Carefully review your invoice. See also: Viewing your invoice history
  2. Remember that terms of use are agreed upon when purchasing a subscription (i.e., legal stuff).
  3. If you still dispute the charge(s), submit a request to Zoom Billing for assistance.

If the dispute is regarding Cloud Recording Storage overage, note that the overage fees are detailed in your cart in an info hover icon before purchasing. More information is found here: Cloud recording storage capacity.

See also:

If you suspect fraudulent activity, please refer to the following Zoom Support articles:

Cathy2023
Listener

Did you get resolved? 

No eventually I had to dispute it with my bank and got a refund that way. 

Cathy2023
Listener

where is the information about AOL lawsuit with them? Can we get help together?

sgzoom
Listener

I have the same issue on my account where I was charged A LOT for cloud recording overages I knew nothing about. I would love for you and anyone else on this feed to keep me posted on what worked for you regarding not paying or receiving a refund. I've had Zoom since about 2017 and never heard about this policy.

I have 21 users linked to 1 account and was charged $5,000 for cloud storage in 1 month 😞

I called and called, and get the same results with everyone else. It's in the policy and I signed it. 

My bank didn't get the money back for me either, so yes, I paid for the lesson, deleted all the previous data and deleting new data every week. 

My account was charged $5400 in 16th March and  I have deleted 70% recordings. I can not get access to the recordings after 15th May, but the invoice become $16,000 . I don’t know how they calculated. 

Hi Cathy, I’m a reporter with 9News in Australia. I’m looking into this issue. Could you please contact me at ***********. Thanks. 

Same here, they calculated from the very start with 363GB, approximately 400$. 🙂 

S_K

Hi @VACPA 

Please refer to my two replies here and here.

@Emcpherson - FYI

yueyuecompany
Listener

A part from having a stunning online store and a good sales pitch, what gets customers all the way to the checkout stage is the reassurance they gain from reading positive reviews. However, one-liners or reviews devoid of correct grammar aren’t much help when it comes to landing a sale.

Good to know from these for your company progressed.

Lisa08
Listener

Have you considered reporting this to the Better Business Bureau? 

Hi