cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!! I accidentally clicked educator account

jelliott0120
Newcomer
Newcomer

I tried to sign up with my new work email and accidentally clicked educator account. Because it isn't complete, I cannot delete or contact support. I need this account deleted so that I can get a new one and join meetings. Please help!! It is saying my personal Zoom account isn't valid and I can't contact anyone through that either!!!

8 REPLIES 8

MGSR
Community Moderator | Employee

Hello @jelliott0120 

Welcome to the Zoom Community! We're glad to have you here.

Please check @ZoomerIT's response in this post.
If this solves your concern, please click on Accept as Solution.

Have a great day!

Mark
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Mark, I am having the same issue. I clicked education account, as my org serves children and adults with disabilities. However, I am unable to sign a legal agreement for my org, so I declined signing the document. Now, I cannot log in into the account, nor can I sign the document, making it impossible to "log in and submit a request." HELP! I'm dead in the water.

I also cannot call support because I have no access to a host number or anything else. I am using a personal email to chat here, but want to use my work email for work meetings.

jelliott0120
Newcomer
Newcomer

It does not solve the problem. I can't even contact support. I need to talk to a real person to get this resolved, and my tickets keep getting kicked back to me. 

Hi jelliott0120 - kindly check this support article

I hope this helps. 

This does not help. One needs to be able to sign into an account to submit a request, and we cannot sign into the account because we have not signed the data collection agreement. And because I declined to sign the data collection agreement, I no longer have the option to sign it.

MGSR

Hello @cpbean,

I'm sorry for the difficulty you experienced. We have updated the article, and on the sign-in option, click on troubleshoot login issues, then on the chatbot, select change login email.

B7D48819-F2C9-462A-8DDD-65FC9FA485AB.png

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

cpbean
Newcomer
Newcomer

This does not help my issue. I need for someone to delete the account with my work email so I can start over, not choosing the education account option. I have access to the email. I do not have access to log into Zoom because I did not sign the educational contract. the email in question in ***********.

Right now, I am using my personal email account. I can't change the email on the personal account to my work email because THERE IS ALREADY AN ACCOUNT WITH THAT EMAIL, that I cannot access.

I can't talk to a person unless I pay for an account. I can't get to the account number on the work email account because I can't log in. It's vicious circle.