cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equipay class action suit

soozqfive13
Listener

Hello zoomers, i got an email from equipay stating that I would get a refund of $53 and change due to a class action privacy suit.

did anyone else get that?

here is the suspicious part.

"As Administrator for the matter, we’re sending you this courtesy email to inform you that on May 31, 2023, you will receive a payment notification email that contains a link to claim your payment electronically. Once you receive that email, you will have until September 28, 2023, to claim your payment."

a link for a payment????

anyone else get this?? please advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

VA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@kebrayd Any inquiries related to the Class Action Lawsuit can be addressed by the FAQ at www.ZoomMeetingsClassAction.com
Specifically, please check the digital and check payment sections of the Frequently Asked Questions.
I hope this helps!

Virginia (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

58 REPLIES 58

storyhub
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Yes, I got it. I actually registered for the suit last year.

Ckwills
Listener

I got it too.  Don't like the verbiage that implies I need to give them banking/financial info. Guess will wait to see what is actually required.

jjdaisy
Listener

I got 2 emails now that I'm due $32 & change. I hovered over the link they sent & the url looks suspicious to me. I'm not clicking on it. There has to be an official channel to look into this. I also saw that there were scams like this in 2022 & many articles about a real suit. There might be a real suit AND scams. I'm going to continue to look into it, not click on the email links.

I'm with you.  It does look scammy.  That's why I'm on this site.  I, too, got a notice of a $32 refund.  I'm tending to think it's real, but I'm still looking in to it.

jjdaisy
Listener

The link in the email I got was suspicious. I logged into zoom and asked the chatbot about the class action suit & it gave me a link directly to the 3rd party handling everything. I'm only going from there & not the email.

KP60
Listener

I received this too and believe it is suspicious.  Following...

VA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Any inquiries related to the Class Action Lawsuit can be addressed in the FAQ at www.ZoomMeetingsClassAction.com 

Virginia (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

This is ridiculous and unbelievable that a company this large doesn't have customer service available.

I think it's possible that you've made the assumption that the scammer hoped you'd make - which is that they had sent you a legit link.  The only way to check a scam is NOT to check what they tell you to check, but check sources that you have IN THE PAST had legitimate dealings with.

iki defa ödeme alındı üstelik hesabım yükseltilmedi ZooM dan bir cevap alamılıyorum. bu bir dolandırıcılık mı ? 

Thanks for the link.  Looks like you can request a check be mailed ...4-6 weeks. If you take NO action...a check will be mailed after the Sept deadline.

Can you send me that link please?

Thank you! I can wait for $50.

I received my money in my PayPal account today! 

I submitted my information for payment.  It was supposed to post today.  Never happened.  I think it's a scam 

It's not a scam. You'll receive it soon. 

Oh I hear you,  but its was supposed to be  deposited into my PayPal, end of day today... that's why I'm not confident in it being legit. And the  800# that's on email  is just a  recording of the same  Q/A on settlement site.

I received the Amazon gift card an hour and a half ago. I'ved already used it. 

Screenshot_20230605-212747.png

Omg I just got it.  It posted to my PayPal  about 5 minutes ago.  Its legit. 

Janis

Thank you, but I did try to use the Amazon code was denied multiple times. Now my email from EpiqPay email says PAID  next to the card…..but it was never paid

kebrayd
Listener

I just got a very similar email from Equipay saying I had an award of $32.32.  I'm super suspicious. I vaguely remember registering for a suit, but this must rings all the wrong bells.

VA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@kebrayd Any inquiries related to the Class Action Lawsuit can be addressed by the FAQ at www.ZoomMeetingsClassAction.com
Specifically, please check the digital and check payment sections of the Frequently Asked Questions.
I hope this helps!

Virginia (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

thank you so much for the answer, I was waiting for a Zoom professional to chime in. hopefully everyone sees this response. 

I received the same e-mails and checked out the website provided by Virginia @keybrayd.  It's appears to be legit.  I haven't seen the money in my account yet, but didn't have to provide any serious personal info.  I'll chime in again when I see the deposit.

I seem to have deleted my email, is there a way to have it resent or claim still?

Hello

i received the payment method confirmed email after choosing an Amazon gift card, then received Payment Confirmed with an alleged Amazon Gift Card on June 6. I tried to load the card in my Amazon account….it kept telling me the card code was invalid!!!!! I called the 800# listed- there is NO WAY given to leave a Message. I filled out the email form as- it will not send!!! I’ve tried multiple times. 
So what’s the deal? Is this a scam?

Not a scam. You probably tried to use the reward ID number instead of the gift card claim code. I requested an Amazon card and used it. 

So what happens if you get a check in the mail, you deposit it to your bank, and it gets rejected… Bank charges you $10 and the check now is stamped “refer to maker?” I have now tried to get my settlement check deposited and zoom now owes me $10! On top of the hassle. And to make matters worse absolutely no response from the settlement administrator!

Yes, myhusband and I each got a separate eqip email offering  us $707 each.  Called CapitolOne who said it was a scam.........................................

This definitely isn't the place to discuss the Capital One Settlement, but just an FYI that email you received from EpiqPay is NOT a scam. EpiqPay is the company that the Capital One class action settlement administrators are using for digital payments to class members. Received my payment today (PayPal) via EpiqPay/Tremendous.

CSHollow
Listener

Just waiting here to see who actually gets the $32.32. I received the email just moments ago. There should be federal buzz about this considering we were ALL USING zoom during the period mentioned.... I'll wait b/c I did NOT submit a claim. 

all done here. i received the money through paypal. 

DWG
Listener

I just elected to have the money ($32.xx) transferred into my PayPal account. Legitimately, they only asked for my PayPal account email address. I got a confirmation email from tremendous.com saying the money would hit PayPal on 6/5. Tremendous is a legit company. I'm as suspicious as they come and this seems totally on the up and up, especially because if you go to the Q&As of the class action website it says everyone would be notified on 5/31, today.l

Its legit.  It just posted to my PayPal account a few minutes ago. 

LoveJanis
Listener

I clicked the link and requested an Amazon card. I received an email saying I'd receive the gift card via email by EOD June 5th. 

Let us know when you receive it.  I requested a check.

I received my Amazon gift card and used it. 

MikeNice88
Listener

It's legit. I clicked the link then selected my form of payment. The options are venmo, direct deposit, Amazon card, PayPal and a couple other options I can't remember. I then selected Venmo and input my phone number linked to my Venmo (low stakes in terms of a scam, every bot has my number lol). They payment actually processed and I got a confirmation from the same email. I then went back to click the original redemption link and it showed that I selected Venmo and the exact amount. 

barolobrunello
Listener

I did... slightly different numbers, but same email. No idea if it's real, but they seem to have a url to actually look at the settlement claim.