cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costs Involved for toll-free lines

ZoomQuest
Listener

What we are looking to do is create a new Auto Receptionist (Just to avoid interfering with the current ones) with cycling 1-800 numbers for certain / different AD campaigns, publish the number for the specific campaign then remove the number after 2-3 months or so once it is over. Then repeat the same thing for the next campaign. We can set up the AR / Queue call flow etc but are wondering about the potential costs involved.

On our bill a Toll-Free number seems to cost $6.65 CAD plus taxes per month so $15.30 for 2 toll free lines and we pay CAD0.0501 per minute for calls into the toll-free numbers.

We have a few questions:

• Is there a certain time frame we have to keep any created toll-free numbers ie you must keep it for 3 months / 12 months etc.
  • Are there any additional charges / costs associated on our bill with us creating these short-term toll-free numbers besides the aforementioned CAD$6.65 monthly and CAD0.0501 per minute?

Thanks in advance,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @ZoomQuest.

Those are pretty specific, detailed, sales-oriented questions that you might not get an answer for here... or an answer you can trust as accurate.  If you have a Business or Enterprise account, I highly recommend having your account Owner or Admin getting in touch with your Zoom Account Exec for answers to this level of questions.

Have you considered an IVR on your existing line?  Then asking "which ad did you see?" with different answers going to different internal extensions (or however you handle these responses).  That would keep you from having to get new numbers or have wait times before re-using them.  Might not be possible in your situation, but thought I'd mention it. 😎

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @ZoomQuest.

Those are pretty specific, detailed, sales-oriented questions that you might not get an answer for here... or an answer you can trust as accurate.  If you have a Business or Enterprise account, I highly recommend having your account Owner or Admin getting in touch with your Zoom Account Exec for answers to this level of questions.

Have you considered an IVR on your existing line?  Then asking "which ad did you see?" with different answers going to different internal extensions (or however you handle these responses).  That would keep you from having to get new numbers or have wait times before re-using them.  Might not be possible in your situation, but thought I'd mention it. 😎

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

ZoomQuest
Listener

Thanks for the reply Ray!. Yeah i will just shoot the question off to our Zoom Adviser for exact billing information, this is just an *idea* someone had in a meeting.

Thanks again 🙂