cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2FA and Recovery Code

ronjoan
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have a basic account and I inadvertently set up 2FA and cannot find where the Zoom authenticator code is being sent although I have Microsoft and Google Authenticator apps.  Also I cannot find a Recovery Code for the account and I cannot submit a ticket for support because it is only a basic account.  The only way I could get into THIS Community was to set up a new Zoom basic account (WITHOUT 2FA) with a different email account which is not ideal going forward as it is not the email account I use most of the time.  Any suggestions any one?  I cannot even upgrade the account to Pro to get the necessary support because I cannot sign into that account!  A real Catch 22.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@domschmidt 

Hello,

If you have a Pro account, your account owner can correct this by setting them up with a temporary password for you, and using that password; they can then turn off 2FA for you. You would then have to change your password to something new.

View solution in original post

46 REPLIES 46

Samtheman
Explorer
Explorer

Has anyone gotten this issue resolved, just wondering.

rmikesh
Newcomer
Newcomer

I'm having the same issue. I have another account that I no longer have access to the device that is connected to 2FA. SO I am unable to log into that account. Can you please assist me in accessing this account. As I have a basic account and zero customer support.

MGSR
Community Moderator | Employee
Community Moderator | Employee

Hello @rmikesh,

You can try logging in using the Apple, Google, FB options and then editing their 2fa following the direction at the bottom of the page here.

Have a great day!

Mark
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hi. I've also been having this particular issue regarding 2FA codes being requested upon login, despite not having ever set them up on an account. I also had to create a new account just to ask for assistance in fixing this on the other account.

Once again, upon successfully logging in to an account (other than this one, which I created specifically to ask for help), a prompt shows requesting a 2FA code from an authenticator app. I never set this up on that particular, basic account. Can you reset this? I will provide the email address used for that account, when requested.

Xap0827
Newcomer
Newcomer

Ihave the same issue with another account which I use all the time. This is the account I just created to resolve this account access issue.  Can someone help me ?  I really need to get in my zoom account to proceed my business.  Thank you so much !

Also, I do not have a pro account, just a basic account.

Lucas2024
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am locked out of my Zoom account because I do not receive the 2FA code in my cell phone. I was able get an account with another email: however, I would like to recover my account with my main email: Can anybody help me? I imagine someone could help me through an email with a code.

Thanks for you consideration.