cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoomtopia 2022 Call for Speakers Now Open! 🎤

ZoomtopiaCrew
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Has Zoom transformed the way your teams work, collaborate, and communicate? We want to hear from you.

Zoomtopia is the annual celebration of our customers and communities who are passionate about communication, collaboration, and empowering your workforce today and in the future. We are looking for inspiring voices with diverse backgrounds and experiences to share their stories. 

Speaking at Zoomtopia provides a unique opportunity to reflect on what you've learned, how to build on that knowledge, and how to innovate going forward. This is your chance to share your insights with thousands of Zoom enthusiasts worldwide!

Call for Speakers is open until May 30, 2022.

Submit Your Talk Today

9 REPLIES 9

pankaj1985
Listener

Dear Committee Members, Last year I was the runner up for the Zoom Innovation Award 2021 ( received two categories). This year I would like to compete again and can I please know if you have a category for online teachers to give talk even a small talk in which how an educator has taught, engaged and assessed students using Zoom? I am going to apply but it is all your decision.  This will be the first time I will be giving a presentation at a virtual conference. Thank you. Regards, Dr Pankaj Mehrotra

PM

ZoomtopiaCrew

Hi @pankaj1985 , thank you for your interest. We will be sharing more information about this year's awards as we get closer to the event, but for the Call for Speakers, yes, you are more than welcome to submit a talk proposal in the Education track! When submitting, select "Virtual" for Session Delivery Style and "Education (K-12 & Higher Ed)" for Proposed Session Track.

We look forward to receiving your submission!

pankaj1985
Listener

Thank you for responding to my message and this detailed information. I would like to update you that I have already submitted application for the speaker - Education track in the Virtual" for Session Delivery Style and "Education (K-12 & Higher Ed)". I will be able to give talk on how I taught AP Biology, AP Chemistry, Honors Biology, High School Biology, High School Chemistry , Biotechnology and Medical Terminology.  And STEM Science camp ( students used Zoom classroom to create online Stem Science Camp Logos, explore life on Mars Planet,  Cell Biology exercises to count cells , measure cell size,  view cell shape and then stimulate cells  with different medium to evaluate their shape, size , and type  ( creating a mathematical model). Further students also combined Chemistry to Cell Biology by calculating the concentration of cells by doing a Hands On activity to measure the absorption spectrum of various concentration of cells. Further genome technology gave students the opportunity in a hands on and online activity to create a gene using dice and then  identity the gene sequence using NCBI Blast of NIH. The other hands on learning activity was a recombinant DNA STEM technology to create a a recombinant DNA plasmid to protein and then combine bio-business to synthesize a biotechnology company to share this novel protein to others in world.  All of these STEM Science Camp activities have been published and is going to be published in the School Newsletter. So I will bring the evidence of feedback for others. Also in Chemistry classroom one of my student participated in hands -on and online activities for the complete courses - with a laboratory note book created in Zoom classroom. Further my Biology, Biotechnology and Medical Terminology students have participated in various hands on ( creating a evolution model) , biotechnology ( virtual Cas9 model of CRISPR ) , Medical Terminology ( hands on concept mapping & virtual simulations & interactive worksheets in classroom & as a home work). All the above engaging activities could happen because of Zoom. I would like to know when is the Zoom Educator Award will be open for submission. Can I please request you to please share the details when it is accepting applications. In the interim - I will prepare the application in points for committee to review along Newsletter from school for every courses I have taught - which includes the description of activities conducted along with feedback from parents and students. Thank you for your time to responding to my post. Regards, Pankaj

PM

ZoomtopiaCrew

Hi @pankaj1985 , thanks so much for your enthusiasm and we love hearing about all the great activities that you are doing for your students using Zoom! 🤗 We will share more information when we can.

pankaj1985
Listener

Thank you so much your appreciation Zoom and United States of America for the career opportunity. I am conducting the Advanced STEM Science Camp this year with further additional STEM BIOCHEMISTRY and STEM RESEARCH Methods program. I am expecting again large enrollment in my STEM camp and STEM programs. Will submit all the details in my award form after I have executed the STEM Camp and STEM programs along with details of other Biology and Chemistry courses I have taught at AIA with student feedbacks because our school gives opportunity to teach regular courses during summer with Stem Camp and Stem programs as well. Thank you again for your time to respond to my queries. And Zoom for providing a platform to educate students. 

PM

ZoomtopiaCrew

Hi @pankaj1985 , we wanted to give you are update that we are not offering Innovation Awards this year. There may be other exciting opportunities in store so please check back on our Zoomtopia Community page for more details to come! 

pankaj1985
Listener

Thank you Zoom for supporting educators

PM

SteveMc
Listener

Hello Zoomtopia Crew, 

Just curious to know if you know when session submissions might be selected?  

Many thanks!

Steve McKenzie

ZoomtopiaCrew

Hello Steve,

We are still reviewing the sessions and will inform speakers as soon as we’ve made a decision. Thank you for your patience!